The Principal /Sr. Data Strategist will focus on establishing and ensuring clear and actionable strategies for data projects, build and deploy data governance frameworks, and establish data policies, standards and practices for enterprise data, both on-prem and in the cloud, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet company objectives. The Data Strategist role will work closely with other Architects, Innovation Specialists, Data Owners, Data Stewards, Product Owners, Data Engineers, BI Developers, and Business Unit leaders to implement data strategies and data governance.
- Present strategies and implementation results to all levels of leadership
- Create and document data governance standards, including data lineage, data ownership, metadata (business glossary and data definitions) and data security.
- Develop and implement data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Assist with the development & maintenance of enterprise information maps
- Market and communicate data governance program in any way that achieves maximum buy-in with key stakeholders and Senior Management
- Maintain and modify data governance program to align with industry best practices and Company requirements
- Monitor and enforce compliance to data governance standards
- Provide guidance to product management by in regards to data governance
- Decompose large-scale data initiatives into actionable plans
- Audit systems to ensure that implementation guidelines were followed prior to release of a data product
- Ensuring CI/CD requirements are met
- Design and implement data quality monitoring against operational data sources and data lake/warehouse to ensure adherence to standards with continuous improvement goals.
Knowledge and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience required
- Deep understanding and technical capability for system design, data governance and business strategy; ability to translate strategy into desired outcomes
- Strong understanding of data lineage, data warehousing and data platforming
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to tell stories
- Ability to decompose complex problems into manageable parts
- Experience with data visualizations tools to discern critical information from large data sources
- Risk identification and analysis techniques
- Data confidentiality regulations and strategies
- Evaluate critical systems and data, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
Additional requirements: Regular attendance; the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co- workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows(R) operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company‘s intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Requisition Number: DATAS002841
- Address Tulsa, OK, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5