As a Data Security Specialist your function as a member of the Data Security team is to help implement and maintain appropriate data security for wide variety of applications. The primary focus of this position is to implement, monitor, and maintain data security for SAP systems and applications.
Plans, coordinates, tests, researches, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure by performing the following duties.
- Test and transport security changes to production systems.
- Tests and supports changes and enhancements in Active Directory, SAP systems and other applications.
- Maintain appropriate security for all types of accounts in SAP ECC, S/4 HANA, BW, BOBJ, HANA DB and HR Systems.
- Collaborates on critical I/S projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Generate required security reports for measuring KPI and also for security analysis
- Help develop, communicate, and implement data and computer security policies and procedures
- Continuously monitors the status and effectiveness of security controls.
- Process security requests from end users and guide them to create appropriate security role requests in various systems
- Conduct provisioning and de-provisioning in various systems and applications utilizing Identity management tool.
- Create and modify SAP security roles for different SAP landscapes without causing Segregation of Duties (SoD) conflicts.
- Good understanding of Windows Active Directory fundamentals and the security features.
- Experience in managing user and computer accounts, security groups, and application-specific data security.
- Experience in SQL Database is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, systematic thinking, and a good understanding of technologies deployed in the infrastructure environment.
- Understanding of business processes, controls frameworks, compliances and regulations, and segregation of duty concepts in an SAP ERP.
- Knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, such as network security, identity and access management systems.
- Minimum of five (5) years of network and application security experience including a high degree of technical security technology expertise is required.
Company: Valero Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology Management
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
- Address San Antonio, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors