About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Locations: NY or Chicago
You will be part of a global privacy and cybersecurity legal team in a dynamic global business. The newly created team will be located across Europe and the U.S., and the role would suit a candidate that has an international outlook and ability to interact with legal and business colleagues around the globe on a variety of privacy and cybersecurity matters.
The position requires a strong understanding of existing and emerging US legal and regulatory developments impacting data privacy and cybersecurity, including identifying regulatory trends and evaluating the potential business impact, and the ability to manage incident investigation teams composed of various stakeholders. In addition, a knowledge of relevant European and international laws is an advantage.
You will work on a wide range of data privacy and cybersecurity matters in connection with the company’s business and its compliance requirements; provide high quality legal advice to members of the global law department and business teams; maintain current knowledge of relevant areas of data privacy and cybersecurity laws; manage and lead multi-stakeholder, incident investigative teams; and provide proactive advice in a creative and business-centric way.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- JD from accredited law school
- License to practice law in a US jurisdiction
- Experienced lawyer, with at least 5 years of experience, either in-house, law firm or both with significant experience in relation to US data privacy, cybersecurity and/or data security
- Strong analytic skills and ability
- Effective communication skills (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to work as part of diverse and multi-cultural teams of both legal and business colleagues
- Demonstrated business judgment and ability to prioritize in fast-paced environment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- A good understanding of European and international data privacy and cybersecurity laws
- A degree or relevant experience in the computer science, engineering or software and/or digital forensic fields would be an advantage
- Experience in the IT, outsourcing, managed services provider or cloud computing industries would be an advantage
- Additional language(s) would be an advantage
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors