About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
Albertsons Companies Inc. (ACI) is a Fortune 52 company, we have over $60b in revenue, we are the nation’s second largest retail grocer operating over 2,200 locations with 1,700 pharmacy locations and we have lots of interesting projects underway to evolve the retail experience of our customers. From smart shopping carts that use AI to detect items with cameras and computer vision algorithms to Walk In Walk Out stores that provide frictionless payment solutions – we are developing and adopting cutting edge products that require talented information security professionals to protect our customers.
This Portfolio Information Security Officer (PISO) is the senior security consultant to support data initiatives at Albertsons Companies. The PISO serves as the trusted advisor to both the Portfolio executives and to the CISO and is responsible for establishing and driving a portfolio specific Information Security program aligned with the portfolio’s risks and the Albertsons Information Security Program (AISP).
The position will be based in Pleasanton, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Boise, Idaho or Plano, Texas.
- Oversee the data security program of the digital portfolio and ensure the program is aligned with the Albertsons Information Security policies
- Actively engage technology leadership to align portfolio projects, priorities and needs to information security priorities and capabilities to continually improve the ACI information security posture
- Partner with digital and legal team members to help ensure the privacy and security of ACI customers
- Steer use of data protection methodologies (encryption, tokenization, masking, hashing) to protect sensitive data with the principle of least privilege
- Consulting the portfolio on emerging threats utilizing threat modeling exercises relevant to ACI business needs
- Provide the business technical advice on a wide variety of IT priorities; making sure all business processes incorporate appropriate information security practices and ACI specific policies
- Evangelize security awareness across the Portfolio to facilitate adoption of security services
What we are searching for
- Exceptional understanding of secure data handling practices and data classification standards
- Solid knowledge of database and data warehouse technologies (e.g., SQL, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with cloud deployment models including tradeoffs between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS installations and techniques available to secure them
- Understanding of IT risk assessment fundamentals and risk mitigation practices
- Prioritize adherence to compliance obligations relevant to a publicly traded company with health information (e.g., HIPAA, HITRUST, SOX, CCPA, CPRA, etc.)
- Achieve greater awareness of information security, compliance, and data privacy requirements
- Drive adoption of information security program standards throughout the product and core business platform teams.
- Ability to drive consensus in a large complex organization
- Improved compliance with security standards and policies across Business Unit teams.
- Leveraging the enterprise and portfolio specific information security risk assessments to elevate the security posture of the portfolio
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- 8+ years or more year of experience in information security related role
- Information security professional certification desired (CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CISA etc.)
- Exceptional understanding of risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security
- Investigative aptitude with an emphasis on methodical critical questioning and logical thinking; a data-oriented judgment maker
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present technical information and tailor responses to customer understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a collaborative partner in a matrixed organization.
- Keen sense of urgency, business ethics, dependability and follow through.
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion : We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team : We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive : We always value everyone’s perspective
Learning : We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive : We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership : We always take actions to drive our success
- Address Pleasanton, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10