Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
As a Data Engineer, you will contribute to a growing focused engineering team to deliver end-to-end data solutions in support of our growing Microsoft Azure environment. This role requires senior knowledge and experience across many facets of cloud technology: hybrid environments/connectivity, modern data services and application development, while understanding the governance, security, monitoring and cost management aspects of the entire system.
- Implement modern data solutions with Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks and SQL data warehousing solutions
- Provide guidance and support on data governance, security and privacy across the cloud environment
- Functions as a task leader on large projects and/or project leader on small projects; coordinates resources, milestone schedules and related communication; responsible for delivery of an assigned scope of work
- Confers with business and IT team members, including across teams, to determine requirements while using best practices to support business needs
- Estimates configuration and development efforts for self and functional area
- Leads and/or assists team members with problem solving related to software application performance and usage; collaborates across teams as needed
- Participates in and supports change management standards and procedures; assists in developing standards and procedures when required
- Evaluates make vs. buy system alternatives under general direction; maintains awareness of current technologies and trends; assimilates new technology into company work environment
- Mentors data engineers on both technical support and business requirements
- Partners with data scientists to collect and combine data from multiple sources for model consumption
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education, work assignments, research and technical/user group participation; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across functional area
- Provides 24-hour on call support, including evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure products: Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Data Bricks and DevOps
- 3+ years of experience with SQL development
- 3+ years of proven experience in the design and implementation of modern data lake/warehouse architecture, in data delivery/analytics, data modeling, ETL tools, master data management and deploying highly automated and documented solutions
- Working knowledge of Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Cost Management or equivalent tooling
- Experience with Python programming a plus
- Experience with MS Power BI a plus
- Strong communicative, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
Normal office environment; some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Job ID 2021-13326
- Address Rockford, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5