Data Center Security Engineer
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- Supports security and business continuity projects across all sites in scope (e.g. security construction, security certifications)
- Supports security audits (internal and external) across all sites in scope
- Builds hands-on knowledge of security systems
- Provides security systems support for IBX Operations on complex issues and installation efforts
- Security Audits, including physical and systems
- Assist with installations
- System updates
- Access to cages
- Performs site inspections and monitors the building and IBX alarms
- Performs preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or manages vendors
- Undertakes repairs and corrective maintenance
- Assists Team Lead in coordinating critical infrastructure
- May instruct on-site staff during simple incidents
- Completes complex work requests
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external departments
- Provides input to his peers for complex / critical maintenance activities
- Works through issues in a confident, positive way; is able to influence without authority
- Carries out more complex infrastructure projects
- High School Diploma
- working experience with circuits and alarm installation
- Knowledge of Microsoft
- Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
- Able to lift heavy equipment/items up to 50 pounds
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do. In alignment with our culture, Equinix has implemented a vaccine or test policy that requires employees to show proof of full vaccination or get tested regularly to work onsite in an IBX or office.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Visit our Career page here to understand about Equinix COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
Job ID : JR-125456
- Salary Offer $87,606/yr to $110,098/yr
- Address Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5