About the job
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Ciena Government Solutions Team (CGSI) is looking for an experienced Data Architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating requirements, database design, preparing design reports and monitor system performance.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, located in the Washington D.C./Baltimore area and possess an active TS SCI clearance w/ full scope poly.
- Design and implement effective database solutions to store customer data.
- Examine and identify database structural requirements by evaluating customer operations, applications, and programming.
- Install and organize information system to ensure customer functionality
- Develop database design and architecture reports for customer and executive teams
- Monitor performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new feature
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Demonstrate Python development background with expertise in Python data analytics packages such as pandas, numpy, scipy, gensim, and scikit-learn.
- Demonstrate database technologies, including Elasticsearch and SQL databases.
- Demonstrate data pipelines and workflow technologies, such as Apache NiFi
- Demonstrate task tracking and version control technology, such as GitHub and JIRA
- Demonstrate artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies/packages, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn
- Demonstrate machine learning model development on text data and structured datasets
- Demonstrate data visualization technologies and packages, such as Kibana, Bokeh, Leaflet/Folium, and Tableau
- Demonstrate experience developing in a cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrate professional experience with, computer networks, digital forensics, or cybersecurity topics.
- Required (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Contingent upon successfully completing processing for a security clearance
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.
- Address Hanover, MD, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10