Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Cybersecurity System Security Engineer III _ LA, CA
The System Security Engineer‘s primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting SMC and AFSPC acquisition programs. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities to meet NIST Cybersecurity requirements for system assessment & authorization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of System Security Engineers and Certification and Accreditation Analysts responsible for ensuring the customer’s national and international security interests are protected as acquisition systems are designed and tested
- Chair and or Co-Chair customer and SAP community Cybersecurity working groups, participate in SSE IPT reviews
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Review SSE related designs and provides security compliance recommendations
- Develop and provide Cybersecurity risk management recommendations to the customer
- Provide SSE support for Mission and Training systems design and development
- Assist with development and maintenance of the Program Protection Plan & Cybersecurity Strategy
- Assist with site activation activities and design reviews, to include test & evaluation of systems
- Represent the Government Program Manager in various SSE related working groups, advisory groups, and advisory council meetings
- Work directly with approval/accreditation authorities to obtain systems’ Authorization to Operate
Required Qualifications :
- 12 – 15 years total experience, including minimum 8 years’ experience within SCI or SAR environment. Minimum 4 years of SAP relevant experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- Certifications: Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 and Information Assurance Manager Level 3 . CISSP Recommended.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility, eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information; and willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Full understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG) processes for system accreditation, along with legacy (DITSCAP, DIACAP) processes
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note – could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation).
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Job ID : R0072420
- Address Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20