Position title: Cybersecurity Specialist
Reports to: Manager, InfoSec Ops Detection & Response
The Cybersecurity Specialist role reports to the Manager, Security Operations and is responsible for identifying, categorizing, tracking, and helping to remediate threats and vulnerabilities in the global enterprise environment. The Regional Lead is also responsible for proactively protecting information assets from unauthorized or inappropriate access, use or disclosure as well as business disruptions through proper identification and escalation of vulnerabilities. In addition to working closely with IT and the Business, regular interaction with internal and external auditors, Legal, Privacy and Ethics is also required of the position.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Develop an understanding of Newell Brands current and forward-looking threat profile.
- Triage and resolve security alerts.
- Assists incident response and investigations in the region.
- Improve the global security posture.
- Provides and tracks KPI’s and security metrics.
- Responsible for supporting Security Operations functions including Threat and Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Alerting, and Monitoring.
- Protects valuable information and maintains the confidentiality and integrity of data through knowledge of industry trends and current and emerging risks.
- Multiple years of experience working in a high volume SOC role.
- Incident Response and Investigation experience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
- Experience working in Splunk and designing searches.
- Experience tuning security alerts.
- Experience with next-generation EPP and EDR solutions.
- Experience with enterprise level firewalls.
- Ability to prioritize vulnerabilities by their risk to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field preferred.
- Scripting experience a plus.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5