About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Preferred locations: Armonk, NY or New York, NY or Herndon, VA or RTP, NC
Do you enjoy developing high-impact enterprise tools that contribute to IBM’s security and privacy posture? Do you like finding innovative solutions to requests from users and stakeholders? The Governance and Risk Management (G&RM) team is seeking a developer and technical support professional who would be passionate about managing and improving the system architecture of its SaaS-based enterprise platform for IT Security and Privacy risk management.
G&RM is part of the Enterprise and Technology Security (E&TS) organization. E&TS is responsible for managing the cybersecurity landscape and protecting both IBM and our clients in a volatile security environment. Its scope includes IBM internal systems and the product and offerings IBM delivers to customers.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Manage your time approximately 50% between architecture / development and 50% user support
- Coordinate with G&RM leadership to develop and support new integrations necessary to scale the risk management platform across the enterprise
- Support the Program Director in architecture and design discussions
- Build integrations for multiple systems
- Perform agile development / apply agile practices to communicate progress and status
- Grow and adapt to current IBM technology and design standards to create modern, effective, and efficient web-based tooling, including building integrations aligned with Security & Privacy by Design (SPbD) principles
- Respond to user questions, inquiries, and enhancement requests in a collaborative, user-oriented manner
- Collaborate with the OpenPages Cloud Operations team by providing deployment packages with clearly written instructions for the Cloud Operations team to deploy
- Collaborate with other members of a larger tooling, admin, and support team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience using and building REST APIs
- Java (back-end web development) and/or React skills – 2+ years
- Understanding of ETL to build secure system integrations with REST APIs
- Independent and driven to explore and learn new technologies (IBM OpenPages, IBM Security Directory Integrator, and others)
- Experience with end-to-end system implementation and debugging/troubleshooting inter-system integrations
- Working knowledge of SQL
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- System architect of an enterprise tool
- Experience with governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) tools, such as IBM OpenPages with Watson (https://www.ibm.com/products/openpages-with-watson) or RSA Archer
- Working knowledge of Cloud platforms (e.g. IBM, Amazon, AWS, etc.) and use of Docker or RedHat OpenShift for deploying applications
- Experience with OWASP security practices
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate – they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors