About the job
ASU, the largest state university and also recognized for the last eight years in a row by US News and World Report as the most innovative university, is committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience in all of higher education. Enterprise Technology (ET) is at the forefront of developing IT platforms and tools that add value to the student, employee, and stakeholder experience.
The Cybersecurity Services Portfolio Manager works closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, execute, and facilitate management processes for analyzing business value, evaluating risk, and prioritizing and onboarding new technology requests to ensure portfolio alignment with organizational strategy. When working with representatives from across the organization, a key goal will be to develop an approved and evolving multi-year IT projects roadmap that aligns with portfolio capabilities, timelines, and goals. The Cybersecurity Services Portfolio Manager works closely with the IT department budget leader to plan and align with the fund request process and available funds.
As with everyone on the ET team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, as well as culture and communications, are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our ET Positive Core.
**Out-of-state applicants will be considered with the expectation that, once hired, the employee will be on-site a minimum of 60% per week within six months of hire.
Service Delivery Core
ASU Enterprise Technology
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$92,414 – $125,000 per year; DOE
23-February-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week until the search is closed.
The Cybersecurity Services Portfolio Manager will be responsible for:
- Helping define and implement IT portfolio management (how we work) policies and processes to support fact-based decisions on investments in Information Technology.
- Continuously improving the IT governance and planning capability for Enterprise Technology by integrating optimal ways of planning, organizing, acquiring, implementing, delivering, supporting and monitoring IT (solutions) performance.
- Building trusted and effective relationships and working with project managers and product or service owners to ensure they deliver on-time, on-budget, on-benefit and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues as required).
- Demonstrating strong ability to engage at senior leadership levels internally in complex matrixed relationships involving both internal and external stakeholders in partnerships.
- Facilitating strategic planning activities regarding type of projects or products, expertise development (grow or buy) and future direction integrated with long term institutional objectives/goals.
- Planning, developing, implementing and managing an IT project team through complete task definitions and work requirement identification and assignments.
- Taking responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms — collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our ET Affirmative Pledge.
Bachelor’s degree in Technology or related field AND ten (10) years’ experience providing information technology management, which includes three (3) years as Project Manager and/or Product Manager experience; OR, Twelve (12) years’ experience providing information technology management, which includes three (3) years as Project Manager and/or Project Lead experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of certifications relevant to the position (CISSP, Lean, Six Sigma, ITIL, RI, etc.)
- Experience providing cybersecurity services
- Experience delivering service roadmaps with recommendations for improvement
- Skill in developing business cases and documenting service designs
- Experience delivering one or more business services to a large internal unit
- Experience working with Deans, Provosts, or similar executive-level stakeholders
- Skill in modeling empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing, dispersed teams through volatility, uncertainty, complexity, risk and ambiguity
- Experience in content creation and writing skills
- Experience in using tools like ServiceNow, Atlassian suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Slack, and Google Workspace
- Experience in using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include or are subject to resolution of conflicts
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation!
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and
executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our
work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter — measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
- Salary Offer $92,414/yr - $125,000/yr
- Address Tempe, AZ, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20