Date: Mar 8, 2022
Location(s): Miami, FL, US, 33134 Plantation, FL, US, 33317 Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 59673
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
The Cybersecurity and Technology Risk (CTR) group is looking for an IT Technology Leader to join our organization.
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience with endpoint protection technologies such as Anti-Virus, Endpoint Detection and Response, and Insider Threat platforms
- Experience with network protection technologies such as IDS/IPS and network inspection tools
- Experience with core technologies such as Identity Access Management tools, SIEM and SOAR platforms
- Familiarity with controls and control measures as it relates to Cybersecurity technologies
- Familiarity with compliance and governance (NERC CIP, SOX)
- Experience with building Cybersecurity programs
- Experience in secure network architecture concepts
- Experience in applying agile/scrum methodology to develop and deliver large-scale deployments
- Experience in operations lead role, triaging complex issues across multiple teams
- Effective interpersonal skills; works well with business stakeholders to understand the short
- term and long-term business needs
- Proficient in ensuring the technical team understands the business needs and the business understands IT Cybersecurity requirements
- Vendor management
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Highly organized
- Leadership communication, weekly reporting, program budget management, and enthusiastic to deliver
This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and leads in the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision, and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the company‘s goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
- Address Miami, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10