About the job
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people , and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Threat Detection & Analytics team is seeking qualified professionals to join our ranks. This highly specialized team of skilled engineers serves as experts in creating high-quality detection logic and telemetry for our Security Operations Center (SOC) and related enterprise teams.
With a world-class array of data-driven technologies at our disposal, we employ a risk-based approach to security detection based on best practices and industry frameworks. As a Detection Engineer, you will defend Discover by helping to evolve, run, and maintain an adaptive threat detection program.
- Analyzing data from a variety of sources (network, endpoint, application, etc.) and contributing to the full-lifecycle development of our cyber defense strategy
- Creating detection logic, models, tooling, and frameworks to help our SOC analysts detect potential cyber incidents
- Utilizing behavioral analytics technologies (e.g., UEBA) to better analyze and understand the full picture of user and entity behavior
- Participating in threat modeling sessions with other teams to identify and defend against adversary Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- Leveraging automation platforms (e.g., SOAR) to improve incident identification and response times
- Onboarding and normalization of telemetry to enhance our Security Information and Event Management System (SIEM)
- Tuning detection capabilities and tooling to eliminate noise
- Collaborating with Offensive Security teams to analyze and evaluate security monitoring effectiveness
- Partnering with other engineering and security teams to improve our detection capabilities across the organization
- Participating in design discussions, code reviews, and paired programming sessions
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 4+ Years – Information Security, Application Security, Security Engineering or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points/Related Xp
- Strong skills and expertise in a combination of some of the following areas:
- Big data platforms (Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic, etc.)
- Common security technologies (SIEM, IDS, WAF, etc.)
- User/entity behavior analytics (UEBA)
- Mathematics, statistics, data analytics, AI/ML
- Cloud security (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
- Address Riverwoods, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5