Full Job Description
Cybersecurity Data Analyst
Threat Intelligence, Digital Security & Resilience
The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of Microsoft’s Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management organization, and a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. As customer zero, we deploy and secure these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are the Microsoft Operational Threat Intelligence Center (OpTIC) responsible for delivering cyber threat intelligence to internal security teams across the company to help protect Microsoft and reduce risk.
If you are an experienced data analyst who enjoys helping teams transform their data into compelling insights through dynamic and creative visualizations, we would love to talk to you. This is a high impact role that will be helping with a wide variety of assets including dashboards delivering technical information to security analysts as well as helping build strategic briefings that allow our senior executives to understand the themes and trends impacting their environment. We aren’t just looking for someone to take our requirements and create charts; we want someone with a strong voice and passion for telling stories through data.
With cyber threats increasing in volume, complexity, and impact, this is a great time to join our team and help us turn security data into intelligence that protects Microsoft, our employees, and our customers.
Preferred work locations:
Remote in the U.S.
- Own the design, management and delivery of dynamic dashboards that help security teams understand the threats impacting Microsoft.
- Work with our strategic intelligence service to provide visualizations and analysis as part of regular weekly and monthly reporting to our security leadership.
- Partner with the threat analysis team to understand our data model and provide recommendations and requirements to improve reporting and analysis.
- Define the visualization best practices and standards for the team to improve consistency across our assets.
- 3 + years in a data analysis or data visualization role
- 2 + years using business intelligence services like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- 2 + years using query languages for enterprise data repositories including SQL or KQL
- Strong expertise with Microsoft data analysis services including Excel, SQL, Kusto, and PowerBI
- Experience providing data visualizations for executive communications or briefings
- Familiar with information security concepts and how organizations protect themselves from cyber security threats.
- Graphical design experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Address Redmond, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10