Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Cybersecurity Data Analyst Senior
We are looking for a talented Cybersecurity Senior Data Analyst to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Corporate Segment in Columbus, IN / your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Help to drive the functional excellence of cybersecurity services by interpreting data and turning it into concise and relevant information for a diverse audience.
- Provide information to guide business decisions within cybersecurity and business leaders throughout Cummins.
- Develop repeatable and automated reporting systems to allow for timely access to key metrics.
- Provide a view into cybersecurity effectiveness and efficiency for all levels of leadership from the Board of Directors to the operational teams.
- Support continuous improvement and functional excellence by providing the proper metrics for each area in a way that is relevant and actionable.
- Provide self-service functionality for near-time and real-time reporting of cyber security operations.
- Develop comprehensive views of the cybersecurity landscape by service, business unit, technology, and business application.
- Gather information from various sources and creates coherent visualizations to demonstrate a comprehensive response to technology risk.
- Create complex reports and dashboards on analysis results applying advanced capabilities of business intelligence tools and technologies to provide a ‘single pane of glass’.
- Support assessment of CMMC and NIST maturity through the creation and tracking of metrics for operations as well as processes.
- Identify existing sources of data for operations, data and workflow quality and service utilization.
- Provide support to six sigma initiatives by working with teams to identify KPI and KRI sources and setting up reporting to track progress against expected outcomes.
- Responsible for championing improvement of overall data quality and data process methods and combine multiple data sources to help identify and define the size and scope of data gaps or integrity issues. Collaborate to develop data cleansing methods and rules.
- Conduct descriptive and diagnostic analytics on data sources and review results with leadership.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent degree preferred or equivalent work experience in relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of the latest technologies and trends in data science is highly preferred and includes:
- SQL query language execution on NOSql and SQL sources
- Exposure to Agile software development
- Exposure to Cybersecurity tools and services
- Work with SIEM data and reporting
- Data profiling tools, technologies, and coding
- Data Catalog tools and technologies
- Business intelligence tools and technologies
- Intermediate experiences in the following are preferred:
- Exposure to Big Data open source
- Clustered compute cloud-based implementation experience Version 1
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, 301 Irwin Building
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Jul 22, 2022, 11:05:58 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 2200016W
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Address Columbus, Indiana
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5