About the job
Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: 62487
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Senior (11+ Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Cybersecurity Architect understands The Company’s business principles and strategy, IT strategy, and Cybersecurity strategy and architecture. They have close working relationships with the rest of IT. Architects have a finger on the pulse of technology in the Cybersecurity and IT industries. They spend time attending conferences, training, and speaking with vendors. They understand the roadmaps of groups within IT and maintain the technology roadmap for Cybersecurity. Architects spend a great deal of time consulting with groups both inside and outside of Cybersecurity.
The Cloud Cybersecurity Architect provides leadership and oversight of the delivery of cloud-based security architectures. They work directly with other Cybersecurity Architects. They also work with leaders in IT Infrastructure, Internal Audit, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Security, Application Development, and other IT support areas. Additionally, this role identifies and leads initiatives to improve the overall security posture and maturity of the organization. The technology disciplines include, but are not limited to, innovation, security architecture, cloud security strategy, enterprise network security, and security risk assessment services. This role focuses on providing cloud cybersecurity architecture support to various cloud services including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
This role works side-by-side with the project managers and operational support teams. It interfaces with governmental agencies to share cybersecurity information and intelligence. This role is also responsible for working with other groups to ensure that the implementation of security controls and technologies addresses the ever-changing and emerging cybersecurity threat landscape.
- Design and develop cybersecurity solutions for enterprise-wide systems and networks
- Serve as a key technical interface to internal customers and perform liaison functions between leadership and the technical teams
- Take complex issues and explain them simply to internal customers and leadership while also providing tailored recommendations on courses of action
- Evaluate complex enterprise cybersecurity infrastructure and ensure the disparate components are well integrated, secure, and operating efficiently
- Ensure system cybersecurity needs are established and maintained for operations
- Develop cybersecurity requirements, perform security risk assessments, and perform systems analysis and systems design
- Support cybersecurity test and evaluation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Provide analytical support for cybersecurity policy development and analysis
- Work closely with Project Managers to fully understand technical requirements and recommend solutions
- Must be willing to travel as needed
The Successful Cybersecurity Architect
- Must have strong problem solving and organization skills
- Must be able to build and maintain excellent relationships with the customer
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of customers’ management with minimum direct supervision
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills; this is a critical requirement for this position. Candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical approaches and findings.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and 10 years of broad IT experience in information security, information systems, or related field of study, along with:
- 6+ years Cybersecurity related experience
- Strong understanding of cloud security technologies
- Experience in supporting large and complex projects
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts
- CISSP and other security certifications i.e. CEH, ISSAP/ISSMP, CRISC, SANS
- Experience with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and other standards frameworks
- Experience with cloud, mobile, SIEM, and open source security technologies
- 2+ years large enterprise experience
- Familiarity with building enterprise security strategies and roadmaps
- Experience with Enterprise Security Architecture
- Experience with cybersecurity technologies and advanced threat management solutions
- Experience with securing Azure and/or AWS
- Experience administering Azure AD
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and containerization
- Knowledge of authentication technologies such as SAML, OAUTH
- Experience with CASB tools such as Microsoft Cloud App Security
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.
- Address San Antonio, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors