About the job
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the accurate retrieval and assembly of Electronically Stored Information (ESI) which support the company‘s position pertaining to pending litigation and internal investigations. The incumbent must display critical decision-making abilities, excellent customer focus, and understand that electronic documents are proprietary and need to be handled with the strictest of confidence. The successful candidate may also participate in other Cybersecurity related initiatives.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Activities include locating ESI, collection, preservation, processing, digital forensic analysis, packaging, and creating findings reports. ESI may need to be loaded into review platforms.
- ESI sources would include but not limited to: Email archives; Network shares; Client computers; Cloud document repositories; Logs.
- Investigate and evaluate data loss incidents and alerts and escalate when necessary.
- Evaluate data loss risk and propose/implement mitigating controls.
- Communicate to customers, both verbally and written, regarding their requests and provide status updates as needed.
- Utilize a request tracking system to accurately track completed work.
- Select, procure, and keep current toolsets/platforms based on current and future requirements.
- Assist with creation and implementation of data preservation policies and procedures.
- Prepare data deliverables, timelines of events, and evidence analysis reports.
- Validate accuracy of collected data and perform quality checks per documented processes.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in processes and recommend/implement improvements.
- Resolve issues and escalate as required.
- Keep close to the changing industry and technology landscapes and create and maintain roadmaps for responsible functions.
- Act as lead or participate in other initiatives/projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Preferred experience in any of the following capacities: Digital forensics, legal eDiscovery and litigation support, Data loss prevention, Records management.
- Three years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Experience providing high-level support with a comprehensive knowledge of specific IS Security methodologies, processes, and software packages and a conceptual understanding of other IS Security procedures and policies preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, need-to-know, and chain of custody protocols.
- Working knowledge of PC functions and Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of Mac computers and ability to collect and analyze data.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access is required to perform data collection and to create deliverables.
- Experience with keywords search tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of digital forensics principles and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, multitask and troubleshoot while working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on quality.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to address issues that arise from day-to-day work.
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience with some of the following preferred: SQL, SQL+, MS-Access, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Nuix, EnCase (eDiscovery or Investigator), Axiom, Cellebrite, AccessData FTK.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Good and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Willing to work flexible schedules to meet deliverable deadlines.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
- Address Hartford, CT, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5