About the job
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The Information Technology (IT) group at KLA is involved in every aspect of the global business. IT’s mission is to enable business growth and productivity by connecting people, process, and technology. It focuses not only on enhancing the technology that enables our business to thrive but also on how employees use and are empowered by technology. This integrated approach to customer service, creativity and technological excellence enables employee productivity, business analytics, and process excellence.
Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst
The Cybersecurity group at KLA is involved in every aspect of the global business. The KLA Cybersecurity group defends against cyber-attacks and provides cybersecurity tools, incident response services and assessment capabilities to safeguard the environments that support the essential operations of KLA. We are passionate about identifying adversarial activities and anticipating a wide variety of threats to strengthen our defenses and the overall protection of KLA Intellectual Property.
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for advanced response, threat monitoring, DLP monitoring and maintaining the security tools that are used to secure our environment. This individual will be responsible for generating and responding to tickets from our security tools and raising tickets (when appropriate) to relevant IT and Cybersecurity personnel.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- As an active member of the team, which monitors and process responses for security events on a 24×7 basis.
- Participate in the incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on crafting measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention).
- Facilitate the development and tuning of AV, EDR, SIEM, and DLP rules to ensure high fidelity alerting.
- Communication with management as the need arises: keeping informed of incident progress, notifying of impending changes or agreed outages.
- IDS monitoring and analysis, analyze network traffic, log analysis, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Compose security alert notifications.
- Actively preform detection, monitoring, analysis, and resolution of security incidents.
- Must be able to prioritize their own work to provide a positive customer experience.
- Participation in security incident handling efforts in response to a detected incident.
- Must be able to maintain awareness of trends in security regulatory, technology, and operational requirements.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities
- Some domestic and/or international travel (up to 25%) may be required.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other team members
- Generate reports from different data sources and present to management when requested.
Bachelor’s degree in an Information Security or related IT field.
- related experience in cybersecurity or related technologies such as: firewalls/AV/EDR/IPS/IDS/SIEM systems.
- experience working in or with a SOC in an Incident Responder role.
- Shown systems security exposure and proficiency in Operating Systems (Windows and Linux).
- Relevant security related certification(s) a plus: CISSP, GCIA, GSEC, GCIH, GCED, GCFA, GREM
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required where permitted by law. KLA will consider reasonable accommodation as provided by applicable law. Please note that accommodation may not be possible where vaccination is required for an essential function of the position, including for international travel or customer site access.
The company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, financial planning benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
- Address Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5