About the job
WI Madison Remote Work
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID: R25737 Cyber Threat Lead Engineer – Open to Remote! (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$103,500 Compensation Maximum:$165,700 Summary: The Security and Automation Analytics Threat Lead Engineer will be responsible for proactive analysis of threats, risks, and exposures. This role will proactively perform adversarial simulations to assess security control effectiveness, support the ransomware incident response process, enhance cyber threat intelligence, and prioritize Palo Alto XSOAR playbooks. You will collaborate with teams and stakeholders internal and external to the Enterprise Digital Risk function to develop recommendations that lead to improved security controls and processes that reduce threat exposure.
Strongly prefer candidates who have Python scripting experience and experience with CTI (Cyber Threat Intelligence), ethical hacking or penetration testing using tools like AttackIQ or Cymulate.
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Lead security and threat exposure related analysis activities.
- Contribute to Cyber Threat Intelligence data gathering, reporting, and analysis activities.
- Lead the identification, assessment, management, remediation, and tracking of cyber threats.
- Drive prioritization of XSOAR playbook development, penetration testing , and remediation efforts.
- Perform adversarial simulations to assess security control effectiveness across the Enterprise.
- Develop recommendations in collaboration with Security Engineers and Cyber Fusion Center analysts to optimize security controls, alerting, and processes to maximize the Enterprise capabilities in prevention, identification, remediation, and recovery domains.
- Contribute to the prioritization of analysis and remediation backlogs.
- Manage key internal and cross functional and stakeholder relationships to ensure expectations and opportunities to collaborate are transparently communicated.
- Drive process improvement and control implementation efforts and projects through coordination with divisional teams including mitigation of identified threats and the execution of projects initiated from internal assessments.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software engineering architectures, system/software designs, and system deployments.
- Working knowledge and of Cyber Security, Cyber Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of security technologies and application development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience performing cyber threat analysis, incident response, forensics analysis, penetration testing, and ethical hacking.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of directory services and identity stores.
Education & Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Additional Job Information:
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
Depending on qualifications, candidates can be considered at any level.
This role can be remote.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families.Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !
Posted 15 Days Ago Full time R25737
At American Family Insurance, we know how hard our customers and employees work to achieve their dreams. That’s why, for over 90 years, we’ve made it our mission to protect those dreams. It’s all part of who we are and who we’ll always be – innovative, caring, agile, trustworthy, transparent and passionate. We’re a strong, forward-looking company and a proven leader in our industry. And if you’re looking to make a difference, we’re looking for you.
Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !
Lead Splunk Engineer – Open to Remote | WI Madison
- Salary Offer $103,500 - $165,700
- Address Madison, WI, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10