Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst (CTIA)
Greater Cincinnati, OH area, or ADM IT Hubs; with Remote Work Option.
CTIAs, under general supervision, provide support to leaders and cyber security analysts by consuming, analyzing, and reporting tactical, operational, and sometimes strategic threat intelligence. The CTIAs focus their efforts on processing indicators of compromise from known attacks, emerging cyber threats, current events and their potential cyber impacts, threat actors, threat actor tools and techniques, motivations of threat actors, and malware, etc. The CTIA will need to use intelligence processes and tools to work all of this threat information to develop intelligence products that are useful to leadership, and cyber security analysts.
The CTIA will need to build and maintain a understanding of ADM’s business operations and environment in order to determine the relevance of the threat information, and well as the vectors adversaries may use to attack ADM. The CTIA will provide direct support and assist in investigations conducted by cyber incident responders, physical security, security operations center, hunt teams, insider threat, legal, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate and apply subject matter expertise in a variety of information security disciplines, both technical and non-technical
- Responsible for the collection, processing, analysis, and production of tactical, operational, and strategic intelligence throughout the organization
- Prioritize work, collate information from various sources, and move swiftly toward strong analytical conclusions
- Help develop and maintain CTI processes, procedures, playbooks, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and execute the threat communication / product distribution processes
- Author professional looking reports that can be clearly understood by technical, non-technical, and executive consumers based on the audience
- Accept and incorporate intelligence product feedback from consumers and stakeholders
- Accept editorial input from Senior Threat Intelligence analysts, the CTI Manager and higher
- Readiness to defend analysis in the face of opposing opinions
- Employ predictive analytic methods to determine changes in adversary’s capabilities, motivations, and intent, while providing recommendations to reduce risk before exposure to threats occur
- Provide direct analytic support to the security operations teams providing context to active risks and threats using intelligence
- Work individually, with a team, and in a hybrid managing services environment utilization various partners in dynamic ways
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, computer information systems, or 5+ years of experience in an information security-related field
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and detect color coded events
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in an IT role with 2+ years in cyber security role
- 2+ years of direct experience actively managing/using threat intelligence to reduce risk and threat exposure
- Security certifications such as CISSP or SANS preferred
- Exposure to assessing technical intelligence collection and analytic products, including behavioral analysis and reverse engineering outputs from researcher teams or automated sandbox testing
- Familiarity with various technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, Proxy, endpoint and enterprise incident management systems, as well as applications such as Microsoft Office, ServiceNow, or comparable products
- Familiarity with world events, geo-politics, etc. that often influence the cyber threat.
- Familiarity with insider threat investigations and programs.
- Knowledge of vulnerability, exploitation, penetration testing concepts
- Knowledge of information security, host- and network-based forensics, monitoring, detection, and incident response best practices
- Knowledge of computer intrusions, malicious code, and technical aspects of associated threat vectors, adversarial TTPs, and their relation to the cyber kill chain
- Knowledge of the general cyber threat landscape coupled with the ability to quickly determine how threats can or will affect an organization, based on factors such as confidence, likelihood, impact, and probability.
- Knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle
- Intelligence analysis tradecraft skills
- Understanding the MITRE attack framework.
- Working knowledge of intelligence analysis applications, tools, and systems
- Address Erlanger, KY, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors