You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. The Cyber Security System Engineer will provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability of the IT Security environment. Contribute to the IT Security design and leading in IT Security tool implementations.
As a System Engineer (Security) you will:
- Contribute in the technical support of the IT Security environment and associated applications
- Coordinate and provide assistance with end-user support, trouble ticket resolution, security tool configuration, and process/procedural updates
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for the scheduling, testing, and implementation of enhancements or new releases of security tool features
- Manage the hardening of IT Security systems and applications
- Work with team members to solve complex issues
- Work with team members to understand and implement IT Security tools
- Mentor junior team members
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including paid holidays
- Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
- 401(k) and stock purchase plans
- Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
Additionally you will bring:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the IT Security field or a related area.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Securing Windows, Linux, and Mac environments in production environments.
- In-depth knowledge of security tools such as firewalls, web proxy servers, vulnerability scanners, DLP, malware scanners, disk encryption, SIEM, etc.
- System hardening (application securing, CIS benchmarks, RBAC, or similar).
- Strong familiarity with standard ITSM processes.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model.
- Knowledge of security controls frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001, or CIS Critical Security Controls.
- Experience working with SOC and Incident Response teams.
- Strong familiarity or experience with the administration, securing, hardening, patching or maintenance of one or more server, network, or application platforms such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Cisco, Juniper, Apache, IIS, various Middleware platforms, secure software development environments, cloud platforms or other relevant technology areas.
- Healthcare experience, understanding of the OSI model, and knowledge of system communication and networking protocols, TCP and IP, VLANs, VPNs, and general routing and switching is a plus.
- Systems Security or Administration certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, Linux+, Security+, Network+, Cloud+, CCNA, or CCSA are preferred.
This position will be supporting a Federal government contract, therefore it requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job ID : 1303960
- Address Charlotte, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5