If you are a Cyber Security Specialist looking for an opportunity to fully utilize your skills in a growing business, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Mansfield, MA location, you will part of the team that produces pressure relief valves for nuclear power plants as well as valves for US Navy submarines and aircraft carriers. At Emerson Mansfield you will be visible, you will know the names of your coworkers and your contribution can “move the needle”. You can also leverage the career development, technical expertise, and networking opportunities afforded by the overall Emerson organization giving you the best of both worlds.
AS THE CYBER SECURITY SPECIALIST YOU WILL:
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to assist with CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) project requirements
- Develop, update, and/or review CMMC documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and Risk Assessment Reports.
- Perform cyber security assessments to detect and identify weaknesses in the security posture of an organization’s information technology environment
- Help Identify, implement, and enforce NIST(National Institute of Standards and Technology) 800-53, NIST 800-171, DFARs, and CMMC requirements
- Verify and document the implementation of security controls necessary to achieve compliance
- Create communication and training materials as needed
- Identify controls that are already in place and how they may meet other CMMC metrics
- Assist with the procurement of technologies to meet DOD CMMC Level 1-3
WHO YOU ARE:
You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You build strong formal and informal networks. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You attentively listen to others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Associate degree
- Solid IT audit experience
- Understanding of cybersecurity control best practices
- Very solid technical knowledge
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to closely collaborate successfully with a variety of people within all business functions and at all levels, both internal and external to organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate in both technical and business terms
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Cybersecurity auditing experience is a plus
- CMMC Compliance/auditing experience
- Experience with information security frameworks/standards (e.g., ISO27001, NIST800-53, NIST 800-171, product security etc.), and U.S. Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience leading assessments and implementations of information security frameworks
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master’s degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Address Mansfield, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5