About the job
The IT Cyber Security & Assurance (CS&A) Solution Architect provides expertise on information systems security, purpose, plan and implementation and maintenance of security defenses that provide the best protection and value for the organization. Drives the creation of security architecture and implementation artifacts that fully integrate with Business, information technology initiatives and objectives. The CS&A Solution Architect is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing knowledge in a holistic manner, across all mission-critical categories and domains of Cyber Security. Some limited examples of expertise include; but not limited to:
- Application and API Security
- Cloud Security including Microsoft O365
- Endpoint Security (Monitoring technology, Data leak protection technology)
- Network Security & intrusion defense technology (Firewalls technology, Network taps, traffic aggregators and filter technology)
- Identity & Access Management (AD, LDAP, web front end and virtualization technology)
- Incident Response & Forensics
- Operational Security & Security Monitoring (Security information and event management technology)
- Data Protection / Risk & Compliance (Cloud architecture, configuration and deployment technology)
S/he must have cross-domain expertise in at least three of the eight core categories listed above. The skillset and ability to collaborate with domain experts to ensure cohesive, end-to- end security program maturity is paramount. The Solution Architect will be responsible for influencing architecture and leading multiple delivery of projects representing strategy-shift and investments greater than $500,000 per initiative/strategy. This role is viewed as an expert in complex security environments, encompassing both business process understanding and technical expertise. S/he will develop solutions and strategy for CS&A to deliver the business’s desired results. The CS&A Solution Architect owns developing of innovative technical solutions to, important, highly complex strategic operational goals. Is knowledgeable in industry best practices in their area of expertise.
- Technical architect and leader of large and extra-large projects for a specific business capability or across multiple capabilities. Accountabilities across multiple functional and technical areas with wide range of complexity.
- Accountable for leading the overall design, including the detailed configuration that takes into account how to structure a segment solution based on requirements from the business, global and regional views, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Delivers Solution delivery blueprints including but not limited to application diagrams, physical architecture, process diagrams, systems maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces, data modeling, integration planning.
- Translates non-functional and functional requirement into solution designs, ensuring solution aligns with business goals and processes, uses and provides enterprise information consistently, integrates effectively with other applications, supports a common application environment and user interaction model, uses the common technology platform, and achieves enterprise level security, quality of service and scale.
- Partners as a bridge between the Enterprise Architecture and the solution to make sure that the solution fits within that enterprise context
- Coordinates solution architecture implementations while leading design variances based upon business needs while ensuring artifacts are documented in enterprise architecture repository.
- Manages engagements with vendors as they relate to evaluation, design and delivery of business capabilities.
- Contributes to the evaluation and selection of software product standards.
- Leader in industry representation, policy formation, User Groups, and strategic direction.
- Has a mindset to develop technology strategies addressing business problems, incorporating business maturity models that require a long-term, strategic perspective.
- Has a broad depth and global impact/focus across the enterprise; including multiple functional and technical areas with wide range of complexity.
- Ensures architectural principles are applied to reduce risk and drives adoption and adherence to policy, standards and guidelines.
- Work with Senior Engineers to effectively architect, design and translate objectives into tactical plans.
- Assist with the development of strategy and execution plans for the digital landscape to enable Kimberly-Clark security to move from reactive to proactive/adaptive.
- Consults and shares knowledge across org; awareness of industry trends.
- Possesses the broad expertise to integrate the technical vision for IT, integrating across technologies, systems, and organizations.
- Travel may include approximately 20% of work time and may include travel via aircrafts and motor vehicles to various locations, if applicable.
Knowledge | Skills |Experience:
- Change agent to digitally mature K-C, inspiring a culture for organization-wide change and collaboration. Key attributes of the CS&A Solution Architect are transformative vision, being a forward thinker, having a change-oriented mindset and collaborative skills.
- Evangelist for a bigger picture strategy, integrating the business and technological vision, connecting the dots across business needs, technologies, processes, and information.
- Proven experience across multiple business areas, and multiple technologies with well-rounded background in applications, software, databases, middleware, etc.
- Proven experience in large-complex application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizing process complexity. Experience developing architectural standards and future plans.
- Proven experience with future state architecture, taking business to the next level, creating competitive advantage to the business. Proven experience laying out technology roadmap connecting the dots with business needs.
- Proven experience in large, complex scale projects; Strong Technical leadership of Application Development teams and vendors; Prior applications/software development (programming) experience.
- Experience collaborating with Enterprise, Application and Infrastructure engineers to identify, design highly complex, end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors others to complete Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives; consults and shares knowledge across org; awareness of industry trends.
- Experience with consulting, guidance, architectural support for business- facing initiatives with demonstrated ability to work with and consult for non-technical users and leaders.
- Experience with governance, expansion and innovation on endpoint, network and identity automation and enhancements.
- Participates in Department roadmap planning exercises and drives alignment of the roadmap with future delivery activities.
- Partners with peer companies to leverage their experiences in the adoption of new Cyber Security technologies.
- Cloud Architect experience with major cloud providers (AWS,GCP,Azure).
- Provides Cyber consulting services to strategic and high visibility internal projects.
- Partners with the Infrastructure P5 community to ensure Cyber and INF project activities and strategic visions align.
- Intermediate or better experience with scripting.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory.
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
- 7+ years’ experience with endpoint security technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience with network security technologies.
- Solution Architecture: Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change program, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (preferred).
- 10+ years information technology experience.
- 6+ years of IT security experience in multiple domains with API, WAF, IAM, NAC, FW, Cloud, DLP, SSO, PKI, Gateway, Networking.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will be decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
USA-GA-Atlanta-Roswell, USA-IL-Chicago, USA-TN-Knoxville, USA-TX-Dallas
- Address Neenah, WI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20