At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Do you have a passion for Cyber Security and a good understanding of security concepts? If you have proven security analysis experience and wish to be part of the first line of Security defense for the organization, apply to join us today!
The Cyber Security Operations Center is responsible for protecting the company from internal and external cyber threats and enabling the organization to conduct business in a secure environment through a variety of transactions. Primary functions include:
- Security monitoring to detect and respond to security events
- Threat hunting to proactively seek for security threats in the environment
You will help carry the Information Security department’s vision of reducing information risk by ensuring and enhancing the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems! You will bring technical, analytical, operational expertise and will:
- Monitor security events from SIEM, threat Intelligence, end user notifications, etc. to determine security risk and appropriate response.
- Review new threats to determine need for relevant security use cases and work closely with Threat Detection team to implement them.
- Review existing alerts to identify opportunities for tuning and work with the Content Development team to test and implement tuning requests.
- Follow established processes, procedures & SLAs to respond to and document analysis of security events.
- Participate in review of new SIEM use cases and develop runbooks that provide guidelines for analyzing the specific threats related to new use cases.
- Evaluate use cases on a periodic basis to ensure they are still relevant, support monitoring of security risks, have the correct data sources and are providing value.
- Develop and improve processes/procedures related to the Cyber Security Operation Center.
- Collaborate with the Incident Response team on the response, triage and escalation of security events affecting the company’s information assets and activities.
- Coordinate with the Forensics team for analysis of malware samples, to obtain IOCs and implement necessary preventive measures.
- Provide guidance to build the controls necessary for automated and proactive detection and prevention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of information security or related risk management experience
- 2+ years of Hands on Information Security SOC/Incident Response experience with analyzing IOCs/Alerts as identified by CSOC & Threat Intel team
- 2+ years of Splunk experience
- Demonstrated experience with SIEM use cases and runbook development
- Demonstrated experience in handling security events in mission critical environments
- Strong knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes (Advanced Threat Detection tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection)
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Databases)
- Relevant security knowledge and experience in two of the following areas: security operations, incident response, network/host intrusion detection, threat response
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate optimally in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk-based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively and credibly with internal management and external senior level oversight entities
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology
Job ID: JR3287
- Address McLean, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors