One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
You are a Cyber Security Network Engineer with significant expertise in networking, cybersecurity, and implementing Industry and Government compliance standards. Are you ready for an exciting opportunity working hands-on with mobile SATCOM technologies? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you perform security assessments, remediate vulnerabilities, and harden systems to comply with DoD and commercial best practices? Can you keep pace with a rapidly expanding network and enjoy the opportunities that come with it?
You will use your knowledge to specify, design, implement, document, test, and troubleshoot cyber security solutions on our global networks; drive security compliance to government and commercial standards; identify and remediate vulnerabilities; diagnose and resolve complex live network problems; provide critical network architecture support and maintain a variety of network communication protocols and applications. You will be directly involved in a diverse number of projects for US DoD and commercial customers. This fast-paced multi-tasking environment requires you to interact with a broad spectrum of program managers, hardware/software developers, and project engineers on a regular basis. You may occasionally travel to participate in field work at customer sites internationally and domestically.
- Bachelor of Science degree focused in Engineering, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years of network engineering experience implementing, developing and maintaining secure and hardened IT and OT systems and networks – including authoring documents, plans, procedures, and reports.
- Experience implementing DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Requirements Guide (SRGs), CIS benchmarks, vendor security guides, and industry standard best practices to securely configure network and infrastructure systems.
- Ability to remediate security vulnerabilities by implementing security controls in networking devices, databases, operating systems, hardware and software components.
- Proficiency in the use and understanding of systems engineering concepts and security architecture principals, with Agile experience.
- Experience with program documentation packages system requirements, architecture, design, interface development, and test approach in IP network environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using collaboration tools such as JIRA, JAMA, SharePoint, WIKI.
- Proficient in use of Python, Ansible, power shell, and JAVA
- Ability to obtain and maintain and active SECRET or above clearance
- US Citizenship
- Up to 10% travel
- Experience with Information Security compliance frameworks (e.g., Risk Management Framework, Cybersecurity Framework, FIPS, Common Criteria, NIST, ISO27001, PCI DSS,)
- Experience managing security hardening and auditing platforms that include Cisco iOS, Linux, Windows, VMWare, and a variety of applications
- Thorough understanding of internetworking and network protocols with a preference for routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, VRF in addition to switching protocols such as 802.1D, 802.1Q, 802.1ad, QinQ, STP, and MSTP
- Familiarity with SATCOM equipment and operations (modems, ground stations, etc.)
- Proficient in vulnerability assessment, control allocation and risk mitigation
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools: Nessus, SCAP Scanner, WebInspect, STIG Viewer
- Recognized industry or security (CISSP, GIAC, etc.) certifications, and/or continuing education programs
- Recognized industry or security (Security+, CCNA, CISSP, GIAC, etc.) certifications, and/or continuing education programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to see the overall picture and integrate small tasks into the larger system
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
If the Federal Executive Order for Government Contractors becomes effective, this role may require vaccination. In such instance, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated no later than applicable deadlines, which are unknown at this point. Viasat will strive to give individuals as much notice as practicable if a vaccine mandate becomes applicable to this role.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
Minimum education: BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience: 3-5 years
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a United States Secret Clearance
Worker Classification: Temporary Worker
- Address Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5