About the job
Requisition ID: 96181
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has opportunities for bright, talented students actively pursuing their degree to participate in our Information Technology Internship Program as a Cyber Security Intern. This will be a one-year internship, consisting of full-time work over the summer and part-time work during the school year.
Global Information Technology Description
Areas Of Focus Include, But Are Not Limited To
The Global Information Technology organization works closely with all other functional areas of the business including Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Research and Development, and Retail to support Goodyear’s activities.
- Business Process Analysis
- Applications Support & Development
- Project Management
- Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security, Risk Management, and Access Management
- Manufacturing Operations
- Retail Point-of-Sales Solutions
- Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP)
About The Information Technology Internship Program
Goodyear offers paid internships to qualified actively enrolled students. Experiences will include challenging hands-on opportunities and networking with professionals in your field. The goal of this program is to build a pipeline of candidates for Goodyear’s IT Development Program which is designed to develop graduates into future high performing IT Professionals through broad exposure to various business and technical disciplines.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred majors include: Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other business/technology related disciplines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have a passion for technology
- Seek a wide range of opportunities for growth and development
- Value and appreciate diversity and working in a global environment
- Excel in project work and delivering results
- Prefer a culture of open communication and want to contribute in a team setting
- Are fast learners who are able to keep up with the rapidly changing technological field
- Are able to self-manage
- Compensation is competitive based on candidate’s to-date education and experience
- Housing stipend and travel allowance may be available
It is required that you go to goodyear.com/careers to create your candidate profile in order to be eligible for this position. A separate profile must be created for each position applied.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
- Address Akron, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5