Job Description Summary
GE CIRT is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to drive cutting-edge cyber security detection solutions. This position is responsible for leading the development of enterprise-level playbooks and applications that enable the monitoring, automation, and orchestration of GE’s network security platforms.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be expected to leverage Python scripting and other programming and scripting experience and knowledge of the cybersecurity and incident response spaces to streamline tasks for the CIRT’s incident response analysts.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Incident Response, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and Cloud teams to gather project requirements and feedback
- Use Python to create playbooks within a SOAR platform to streamline incident response tasks
- Interact with key security application APIs to gather information and perform actions
- Engineer Security solutions for cloud and embedded products, and the planning and implementation of risk mitigating security solutions
- Maintaining a backlog of security-related tools that will improve the maintainability and security of our code and the pace of development
- Work in an Agile-like environment, defining and fulfilling project requirements, milestones, and outcomes
- Participates in occasional on-call after-hours support rotation to ensure that critical performance issues are resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with established customer expectations and SLAs.
- Promotes best practices, design patterns, standards through workshops, knowledge sharing, and code walk-throughs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- U.S. Work Authorization is required, we will not sponsor work visa’s now or in the future for this position.
- Foundational cyber security knowledge in at least two areas (e.g. architecture, digital forensics, incident response, threat intelligence)
- Experience interacting with APIs
- Foundational knowledge in network and security concepts (e.g. logging, containment)
- Detailed understanding of CND-based analytical models (Kill Chain, ATT&CK, Pyramid of Pain, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated tactics
- Practical experience in fulfilling project requirements from start to finish
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins) is a plus
- Prior experience in a cyber security environment (e.g. incident response, cyber fusion center) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
- Address Virginia, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5