AT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL, WE ARE STRONG, INNOVATIVE AND GROWING. WE INVEST IN OUR PEOPLE. WE CARE AND MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE.
At Northwestern Mutual we are looking for a hardworking, dynamic technologist who is looking to grow their career in our Endpoint and Collaboration Cybersecurity Team. The Cybersecurity Engineer will have the opportunity to build integrated, automated security processes, patterns, and tools, in collaboration with application and platform teams to protect client and corporate data at the tactical and practical level.
In this role, the candidate can expect to:
- Listen, learn, analyze – and determine a way to do it better. “It” is our technologies, our controls, our processes, our engineering methods, etc
- Take initiative
- Drive automation and DevOps practices within the team.
- Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes impacting regulatory, privacy and security industry standard methodologies
- Work collaboratively to logically analyze and solve complex issues.
- Increasingly gain experience with hands-on practical application in the engineering, maintenance, management and administration of the team’s endpoint and collaboration security technologies
What kind of person should you be?
- Integrity, initiative and inclusion are essential values for you
- You appreciate the data of our company & clients is at the center of what we do.
- You recognize the importance of user experience and productive efficiency and seek the ability to balance these drivers with the cyber security protections/solutions
- You have the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar/new products and technologies; you have the commitment to do so.
- You gain intrinsic & extrinsic value from continuous professional development.
- You can handle stressful situations calmly
- You are able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- You believe actions speak louder than words.
- Advanced education in information systems, computer science, SW Engineering or cybersecurity. Education comes in various forms: Degrees, certifications, traditional 4 year college and technical institutes – we value diverse backgrounds.
- 2-3 years of experience in designing and deploying continuous integration / continuous delivery (CICD) tooling and automation infrastructure.
- Experience with some or all of the following CI/CD tooling: Ansible, Sauce Labs, Selenium, Git, Docker, Nexus, Jenkins, Urbancode, TFS, Jira, and more.
- Proficiency with development and scripting languages (Python, Java, Powershell or Bash)
- Public Cloud Experience (AWS). Certifications preferred but not required.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH A BEST-IN-CLASS COMPANY THAT PUTS OUR CLIENT’S INTERESTS AT THE CENTER OF ALL WE DO. GET STARTED NOW!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups
- Address Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5