About the job
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The primary focus for our Air Vehicle Cyber Security (AVCS) force is to ensure our products are designed, built, and maintained/maintainable to customer cyber specifications. Some roles also include System Security Engineering responsibilities and facilitation of compliance with cybersecurity best practices. This is accomplished through cross-functional integration throughout the product lifecycle and ongoing coordination with customers and regulators.
You will be part of a large AVCS team, deployed to discrete Bell product programs. You will carry out duties that yield the appropriate certifications and meet other performance requirements and/or customer expectations.
Duties may include utilization of vulnerability scan tools, creating aircraft architecture design requirements, design review and analysis, threat modeling, documentation of cybersecurity, system security, and/or supply chain security documentation. Compliance driven programs require DoDi 8510.01/8500.01 RMF certification for military platforms, and will include threat management, mitigation and the implementation of all applicable controls. You may serve as the cyber SME for various engineering functions and review/validate/remediate the impact of design changes to the AVCS mission.
– Execute/support criticality analysis of current and future production aircraft software and/or systems
– Develop security assessment plans, perform threat and vulnerability analysis and subsequent testing/evaluation of aircraft systems
– Assist in the development of aircraft Supply Chain Risk Management Plan (SCRMP) in accordance the Key Practices and Implementation Guide for the DoD Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative 11 Supply Chain Risk Management Pilot Program, SP 800-161 Supply Chain Risk Management
– Direct the utilization of vulnerability scan tools, conduct in-depth analysis of the results against Standard Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), develop remediation and mitigation plans, and create packages for the implementation of those plans
– Build and manage relationships with internal and external customers for successful execution of plans
– Oversee generation of reports and deliverables directly provided to internal and external customers
– Develop, update, maintain and track security plan documentation and perform continuous monitoring
– Ensure the planning and execution of Cybersecurity (DoD 8510.01) activities align, integrate with, and support our system acquisition process
– Support Program Management Office in POA&M development, tracking, and resolution
– Coordinate responses to emergency requests and security bulletins
– Coordinate with Integrated Program Team managers to ensure issues affecting the product’s overall security posture are addressed appropriately and seamlessly within the system lifecycle processessecurity posture are addressed appropriately and seamlessly within the system lifecycle processes
Desired Skills and Experience
Education & Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor’s Degree is required- Major in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred
– Multiple levels of experience will be considered with at least 2+ years of experience in Engineering and/or Cyber Analysis, preference of 4+ years of related experience in the following disciplines
Position Requirements (at least 10 of the following bullets):
– 2 years minimum experience in the aviation industry
– Experience developing and validating systems IAW DIACAP, RMF, and/or NIST 800-53
– DoDI 8570.01 Level II Certification (i.e. Security+, CISM, CISA, CISSP or equivalent), or be able to obtain within six months of hire
– Experience performing criticality analysis and development of software assurance tables
– Experience with STIG application and/or software testing
– Experience with survivability and /or vulnerability analysis
– Experience with aerospace design and verification processes to include; requirements develop and verification, preliminary and detailed design
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
– Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate and lead activities, prioritize tasks, and report status
– Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams
– Must have the ability to adapt delivery for varied peer and leadership audiences
– Must have the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a complex and dynamic environment
– Active Secret Clearance is preferred. – The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD Security Clearance
Textron Relocation Assistance policy is in effect / applies for this position for candidates who qualify.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
- Salary Offer $120,000 to $133,000
- Address Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5