Full Job Description
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Your future team
The Cyber Security Data Analytics team at AIG is responsible for developing scalable, resilient, and high-availability solutions to collect and search against massive datasets in a complex, global environment. The Data Analytics organization is also responsible for interfacing directly with data producers in AIG, ensuring high quality, comprehensive data collection in Splunk across a complex, global IT environment.
About the role
The Data Analytics Senior Architect needs to demonstrate problem solving skills where they can examine issues and effectively determine appropriate means of addressing them. Must also be able to envision different possible scenarios that could introduce risk and proactively plan to mitigate. Must be able to be creative in finding ways to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles and have the ability to coach and guide others to do this as well. This individual will also be responsible for developing content to support security and operational monitoring and alerting to various teams and lines of business utilizing Splunk and other third-party orchestration software.
- Supports and oversees all the engineering activities to include change management, platform performance and stability, and initial data ingest and normalization. Primarily looking for areas to improve by use of automation and process workflows.
- Leads the Data Analytics Center of Excellence that provides direct interface with the business units to help architect, automate, ingest of logs, and train our internal customers.
- Takes an active role in the daily standups and agile frameworks to ensure tasks are being completed/delivered in a timely manner. Responsible in helping develop and maintain daily / weekly / monthly metrics as required.
- Supports the engineering team to help address the day-to-day activities and provides leadership for the team to become more efficient.
- Building automation, dashboards, correlations, key performance indicators, and other various Splunk knowledge objects to empower security operations by improving the quality of their threat detection capabilities
- Drive the strategic and tactical direction for the Splunk platform; the team serves both the primary customer of Security Operations and provides Splunk as a Service to AIG global business units and information technology organizations
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or any combination of education and relevant experience
- 6+ years as an engineer supporting security information and event management (SIEM) solutions.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to train and develop staff.
- Strong background in various platform logs to include Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include the ability to influence decisions with business units and technical leadership.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios, and are someone who sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle
- True change agent – not intimidated by challenge of unknown and willing to challenge status quo.
- Prioritized certifications: Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect; Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin; AWS Certified Solutions Architect; Linux Foundation Certified Sysadmin/Engineer
- Proven extensive technical experience in Cybersecurity and Information Technology, in both individual contributor and leadership roles
- Deep hands-on knowledge of Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security to include the Splunk query language, configuration management, and underlying infrastructure
- Experience working in Linux and Windows based environments, including administration and engineering of solutions running on Linux and Windows OS
- Demonstrated success leveraging automation (e.g. Chef, AWS, Ansible), including bash/java/python scripting, to improve speed of infrastructure management and development
- Experience with aspects of AWS cloud architecture, including mechanisms for high availability, auto-scaling, and cost efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to coach direct reports and effectively manage talent and performance
- Strong ability to communicate via written and verbal communication in both formal and casual situations
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations with calm effectiveness
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
IT – Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
- Address Charlotte, NC
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors