Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD) recently announced its intention to spin-off the Diabetes Care business unit into a separate public company. The spin-off is targeted for the 1st half of 2022. The Diabetes Care business of BD is the industry pioneer and leader in diabetes injection devices. The Diabetes Care business unit has a long history within BD and is unique in that it focuses on one significant disease state which is a threat to world health. BD Diabetes Care has an unequalled reach and connection to diabetic patients and has well-established relationships with key diabetes stakeholders and influencers worldwide. BD Diabetes Care has leveraged deep expertise and advanced technologies to continuously innovate their portfolio specifically tailored to the needs of Type II diabetics. Their products are diligently designed to enable people who are living with diabetes to do so with comfortable, effective care.
BD Medical is among the world’s leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We’re focused on providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, enhance diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery.
Diabetes Care Digital Health
Within Diabetes Care Digital Health, you will have the opportunity to play a vital role in a new product initiative and make a lasting impact in the care of Diabetes. You will also have the advantage of combining the best of both worlds; the agility and creativity of a start-up with the resources of a Fortune 500 company. We are looking for highly innovative, passionate, and talented individuals to join our team. If you want to develop revolutionary products for the Diabetes Care market, please join us.
As the Cyber Security Architect you will partner with our product development and engineering organizations to enable them to build and enhance security in the Diabetes care and Digital Health products and services. The right candidate is a positive, forward-looking person who must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction, collaborates often and effectively with project team members, presents a positive and professional demeanor with customers, and excels at solving difficult problems. You will evaluate product designs and provide solutions to remediate security vulnerabilities through product security risk assessments, vulnerability scans, and static code analysis. In addition to security solutions for new product development, the role requires remediating vulnerabilities with existing products which requires detailed attention to implementation and product risk. The Cyber Security Architect will participate in a full medical software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design and Implement software security solutions in accordance with industry accepted standards for encryption, recovery, authentication, audit logging, hardening measures, patch management, vulnerability monitoring, and antivirus/antimalware.
- Develop and administer software engineering procedures and training for vulnerability scans and static code analysis
- Lead product security risk assessments, hazard analysis, and provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers.
- Keep abreast of advances in secure system design and development practices, threats and threat actors, and new attack techniques or areas of security research, and provide guidance to the product organizations to help them avoid or mitigate future security concerns.
- Assist product development teams in creating Incident and Vulnerability Management Plans and Product Security White Papers
- Participate on product security incident response teams.
- Interface with other technical departments such as Penetration Testing Team, Systems and Hardware Engineering
- Interface with Quality and Technical Service
- Demonstrate proper secure coding practices driving standards within the software engineering organization
- Lead technical design reviews and code inspections. Provide clear, actionable feedback for project team members
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Knowledge of common security standards and best practices, such as NIST 800-53/800-160, ISO 270xx, CWE, CVSS, OWASP Top 10, CERT Secure Coding Standards
- Knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Demonstrated understanding of developing in a regulated environment and adhering to a quality management system
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals
Education and experience required:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, systems & architecture concepts and designs
- Minimum of 5 years work experience implementing security controls in software
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with C#/.NET development
- Minimum of 3 years work experience using secure coding practices
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA MA – Andover
USA NJ – Franklin Lakes
Date posted – 02/17/2022
- Address Andover, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20