We are pioneers of a higher chemistry. A chemistry designed to address the most pressing issues of our time. Forged from generations of invention and collaboration. Committed to safe manufacturing and community involvement. This powerful chemistry understands no boundaries, making it capable and responsible for shaping the future. This is the responsible path forward. This is what we call Responsible Chemistry.
Hexion’s commitment to Responsibility Chemistry includes a strong focus on cyber safety. With ever increasing attempts by outside parties to breach sensitive data, Hexion is continually adapting to the latest threats and strategically investing in its information technology infrastructure. Our goal is to regularly and responsibly strengthen our defenses to maintain the trust of our customers.
The Cyber Security Architect will play an integral role in maintaining our secure environment by designing solutions to reduce security risks. The Cyber Security Architect will be a technical advocate for cyber security requirements and provide recommendations on security policy. The Cyber Security Architect will consult and collaborate with Enterprise Architects, Solution Managers, Governance Risk and Compliance and other stakeholders to develop strategies and roadmaps. This role will also act as an escalation point for complex security incidents. This individual must have an in-depth understanding of the cyber security domain, understanding of chemical or manufacturing industry, excellent documentation and communications skills, plus a service-oriented approach to security operations and architecture.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
- Provide architectural guidance, identify and communicate security requirements, and coordinate with teams to ensure proper implementation for Enterprise and Information Security Projects (including hardware, software, networking, applications, and cloud services)
- Assist with reviewing security services processes and procedures for continuous improvement (including security information and event management, anti-malware, intrusion detection, public key management, certificate management, physical security management, and identity & password management solutions)
- Participate in security events and potential incidents in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Lead technical meetings to address security risks
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security issues and briefing stakeholders of emerging threats including both general threats and those specifically targeting the chemical sector and industrial control systems.
- Create and implement internal/external security policies, testing, education, and remediation actions, in coordination with the Governance, Risk and Compliance Team
- Review security incident post-mortems for continuous improvement and design changes
- Review all current and proposed changes to system architectures to ensure that cyber security is maintained, and any risk is minimized.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture Team to ensure design and future direction aligns with the global IT and business strategy.
- Translate cyber intelligence into actionable business intelligence and recommendations.
- Communicate security requirements with vendors and service providers
- Establish roadmaps to support the strategies outlined by IT Leadership. Track progress and projects against this road map.
- Partner with GRC, site leadership, EH&S and other stakeholders on regulatory and compliance audits
- Assist with cyber strategy for operational technology (OT) at our manufacturing facilities
- Ability to work afterhours and weekends for critical incident escalations
Thinks from the Future:
- Makes fact-based decisions – is not swayed by contrary opinions or perceptions
- Is continually curious and open to new ideas
- Enables an environment that embraces creativity and innovation
Trust & Team work
- Takes the time to listen for understanding and asks questions to clarify
- Uses communication skills that enhance teamwork (listens, is open, is honest, timely, and direct)
- Encourages others to listen using active listening skills
- Communicates directly, honestly, respectfully and in a timely manner to resolve conflict
- Uses simple language that is clear and to the point
- Is able to clearly define reality, even if it is controversial
- Practices accountability and collaboration to move the conversation forward
- Openly shares information
Demonstrates Boundaryless Behavior:
- Actively participates and openly shares with others – is transparent
- Works well with other departments, functions, regions and cultures
- Open to learning from others and values views different from own views
Works with Velocity:
- Prioritizes workload; focuses on completion and is organized
- Anticipates next steps and works towards them
Achieves Business Results
Focuses on the Customer:
- Promotes a customer-focused culture and continuously strives to deliver value to the customer
- Works with customers (internal and external) to understand and meet their needs
- Keeps a promise, trust or pledge to do something now or in the future
- Actions and behaviors align with the goals of the organization
- Is fully engaged
- Makes smart decisions quickly
- Receives feedback and adjust behavior
- Effectively works and communicates in a matrix environment
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in IT security, risk management, IT audit or relevant areas. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in security operations, networking, or other infrastructure areas
- Strong analytical skills for complex problem solving.
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Any system, networks, or cybersecurity related certifications
- Previous experience in a managed service environment
- Relevant Cyber Security Certifications such as CISSP, SSCP, CRISC
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies with flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Capability of creation architectural and design documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional influencing and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate within a matrix environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Broad background in information tools, concepts and issues across a broad range of technologies (including networking, applications, and cloud services) by related work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test , submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Job ID : 12495BR
- Address Columbus, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10