Job Description Summary
Responsible for data movement reviews, data collection and analysis, and identification of anomalous patterns of data.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform daily reviews of data for detection of anomalous data movement or inappropriate use of GE assets
- Assist in the design and testing of detection analytics capabilities which may include risk scoring models, thresholds, baselines, key indicators, and reporting
- Adherence to a comprehensive response escalation process and procedures including the investigative processes
- Exercise attention to detail and due care in regard to communication and documentation of cyber incidents
- Exhibit willingness to learn, a desire to collaborate with others, and the drive to take on additional responsibilities when called upon
- Assist with coordinating investigations across the businesses
- Perform collection and analysis of digital media using standard operating procedures as required for cyber investigations
- Ability to triage information security concerns received from various sources (e-mail, phone, etc.) in order to determine impact and escalate to the appropriate parties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a HS Diploma and 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- US Work Authorization is required. We will not sponsor work visas now or in the future for this role.
- Experience in security operations, data analytics, forensic analysis, fraud detection, cyber intelligence
- Experience in anomaly detection, data analytics, behavior analytics
- Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time zones
- Introductory coding skills
- The candidate should be familiar with scripting and the command line
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Address Glen Allen, VA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors