Full Job Description
Cyber Defense & Response Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager
Location: remote – NJ, NY, PA, CT, MD, VA, and NC
The Cyber Defense & Response SOC Lead is responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading cyber event-related activities in the enterprise and to help determine and fulfil any requirements to maintain a resilient security posture. Success in this role is dependent on a combination of technical expertise in various cyber security technologies, strong project management and multi-tasking skills and strong people management skills in a constantly changing and highly technical environment. Candidates will possess the ability to effectively communicate technical issues to audiences of any proficiency without issue. Lastly, this candidate will be responsible for the professional development and cultivation of opportunities for direct reports to ensure continuous improvement of individuals and the security program as a whole.
- Support peers and senior personnel with documentation, metrics and security program initiatives in both a force multiplier and leadership role.
- Identify deficiencies in security posture and develop, administer and participate in action plans to address these gaps.
- Develop and cultivate opportunities for career growth and development to ensure the success of the security program.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Incident Response – knowledge of multiple forensic techniques and best practices for implementation during a cyber event, preparation and delivery of structured executive updates execution and administration of crisis bridges and the preparation and delivery of forensic action reports for executive leadership.
- Personnel Management – Ability to effectively manage multiple team members in a highly technical and intense operating environment including cultivating opportunities for advancement and holding individuals accountable for performance and consistent service delivery.
- Project Management – Ability to complete a project action item, create a new project including plan and action items, manage a delegated project and present a project review to an audit team or executive leadership.
- Training & Documentation – Build a new incident handling procedure, conduct a training presentation, provide constructive feedback to fellow analysts on events and review and update incident handling documentation.
6+ years of experience in Information Security, and 3+ years of practical experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment and/or experience with security monitoring, event and anomaly analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
Formal Education & Certification:
** NOTE: An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the listed requirements.
The analyst will be expected to work as part of a 24×7 global team, occasionally requiring weekend and off-hours work.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
IT – Information Technology Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel Relocation Provided: No AIG Employee Services, Inc.
- Address Reston, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors