Position: Cyber Defense Analyst
Primary location Midland (MI, USA), Michigan, United States of America
Schedule: Full time
Date Posted: Wed, 23 Mar 2022
Job Number: R2029575
Additional Locations: Houston (TX, USA)
Join a team that’s passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
-Employing 36,500 individuals
-Across 109 manufacturing sites
-In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
-Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants.
-Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
-Coatings: Whether it’s a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability.
-Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
You report up through the Security Operations Manager for daily direction and are responsible for incident triage, monitoring and response innovation, basic forensics, and coordinating in response activities. You are expected to be collaborative, self-starting, open to learning, creative, and to participate in an off-hours page out rotation.
Also, you can complete each of the following tasks:
- Handling escalations and response actions for existing incidents.
- Developing and documenting new monitoring techniques and response capabilities.
- Researching vulnerabilities and hacking utilities to harden environment.
- Learning new technical disciplines both in teams and individually.
- Teach other members of the team on topics of expertise.
- Harvesting threat intelligence and converting it to actionable content.
- Participate in table-top exercises, ethical hacking, and event triage preparation.
- Hunting for risk in the environment and relating findings to actionable activities.
- Educating employees on individualized threats and/or impact of incidents.
You are expected to have a strong foundation in computing concepts, TCP/IP and OSI Model, operating systems design, and application coding/scripting. Incident response and escalated monitoring situations may require additional time commitment outside of a standard work day. Exposure to and a passion for the cyber security field is a critical success factor given the depth of technical detail involved, high performance culture, and expectations around mitigating risk while minimizing business impact.
- A minimum of 4 years of IT experience
- A minimum of 2 years of Cybersecurity Operations or other similar experience
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Associate’s degree or 4 years or more of military training/experience
- Security Certifications
- Knowledge of NIST Framework
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience in MS Office, Database (SIEM Experience), Powershell, Python, TCP/IP Fundamentals, Endpoint and Networking Security Tooling, Operating Systems (Windows and Linux), client support, and Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
- Address Midland, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10