What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Custom Solutions Engineering is a focused engineering team that develops new technologies that accelerate the entry or advancement of programmable logic in new or developing markets. In doing this, the team works very tightly with key customers in the target security markets. The position is for a staff Security Architect Engineer that will focus on the system definition and implementation of communications and security projects targeting programmable products. The scope of work will focus mainly on system architecture definition, logic/HDL design, verification and validation on projects related to development of security and communications systems. This person will work as part of a team, lead, coach and mentor colleagues during project execution. This person is expected to go in depth with customers on system architecture, definition, and requirements on a regular basis. This person will be expected to work within a high-quality development process and where possible and when necessary, lead changes and improvements to this process.
- BS with 8+ years of exp MS with 6+ years of exp or PhD with 3+ years of exp in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in ASIC or FPGA design/verification
- 8+ years of experience in communications / security system development/architecture
- industry standard EDA development and verification tools including the Xilinx ISE/Vivado tool sets.
- Expertise in VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog and UVM based methodologies
- Experience in defining, documenting, implementing, and verifying complex systems
- Experience in developing system level requirements, distilling design level requirements, and and establishing verification specifications and plans
- Excellent ability to analyze and isolate RTL and test bench issues
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, TCL, and with C/C++ programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and good inter-personal skills
- HW behavioral modeling (System C, C/C++) is a plus
- Knowledge of system level security data (packet) flows for L2/L3 and L4/L7 security protocols
Understanding of the following SW components
- Ethernet drivers, Linux networking, TCP/IP
- SSL/TLS , IPSec, etc (Open Source programming models) experience
- Client-Server architecture; API knowledge
- Software implementation experience in system level security data (packet) flows for L2/L3 and L4/L7 security protocols
- Knowledge of certificate authentication mechanism (X.509, CA etc.) for application/s processing
Hardware Security Experience
- implementation of security protocols: Ciphers, asymmetric crypto
- High speed packet processing and NIC function implementation
- DMA engines, memory interfaces (DDR, LPDDR, HBM) and packet buffers/ queues/ scheduling
- Search engines, packet classification, network statistics
Requisition Number: 153679
Country: United States State: Texas City: Addison
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
- Address Addison, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20