Job Description Summary
Act as a key thought leader for driving a Lean-based management system across Cyber Technology & Risk (CTR) organization and provide overall strategic input to the CTR leadership team. Working in close partnership with the CTR Program Management Team, you will play a key role in applying lean principles effectively in support of strategic and operational business priorities and processes, whilst advancing the Lean culture and sustainability for the products supported. Your focus will be on both the behavioral practices of lean and driving simplified outcomes via tiered operating rhythms, KPI tree development, problem solving methodologies, etc. This role is a key enabler to ensure CTR will achieve its operational priorities and targets on strategic priorities, key metrics and employee experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you will be accountable for embedding overall lean leader competencies, driving problem solving thinking within CTR organization, supporting process simplification and drive the development of effective operating mechanisms.
- Your responsibilities will span across all key core product lines within CTR organization namely: Risk, Regulatory & Compliance, Enterprise Vulnerability Management, Continuous Monitoring, Identity Services, Industrial Security, Assessment Services, Threat Management and Data Protection.
- Develop lean proficiency among CTR leadership team and key team members establishing standards to both improve processes within the team and to be a partner to the Leadership in establishing practices and principles that promote and enable GE’s lean transformation.
- Consult with and coach leaders and others in the development of their Lean leadership competencies. Assists leadership in promoting and leading Lean across the organization.
- Using strategy deployment, you will coach the organization’s ability to meet & exceed key strategic objectives and initiatives. Understands and can define the relationship to strategic and value stream improvement goals and achieving business outcomes.
- Identify gaps and lead the development of leader standard work to enable deeper understanding of the health of the operation and ensure that CTR leadership’s work connects to the work of the operational individuals on the ground.
- Support the development of problem-solving thinking and methodology through regular coaching of problem-solving toolkits, facilitating kaizen, value stream mapping events and coaching on CI initiatives.
- Ensures the sustainable implementation of a lean management system. Teaches, mentors and coaches teams in establishing and maintaining the strategic focus areas, action plans, dashboards, linked measurement system, and checking process to execute the work. Assist teams in establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and implementing daily management to drive continuous improvement.
- Manages the development of the CTR team lean capability, including sharing Lean “Best Practices”, tools & methods for Lean education and promotion of Lean thinking throughout the organization. Key contributor to the development and implementation of the GE lean system.
- Establish a kaizen event rhythm and leverage that activity to develop lean proficiency for all employees; creating internal capabilities to facilitate kaizens and sustain continuous process improvement without external support.
- Monitors lean external trends and best practices and provides continuous improvement to our ongoing transformation
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 9-10 years of business experience, preferably IT operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business/office function and lean / quality / process improvement / project management focus in a shared services environment and/or significant experience coaching leaders and/or individuals resulting in employee development and cultural outcomes
- Lean practitioner, capable of facilitating kaizen events and coaching the core tools such as Daily Visual Management, structured Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement and Kanban
- US Work Authorization is required. We will not sponsor work visas now or in the future for this role.
- Solid demonstrated experience with a wide range of Lean tools and methodologies, as well as training, leadership coaching and event facilitation.
- Experience in integrating lean management concepts in Agile software development and/or other Agile methodology framework.
- Demonstrated track record developing and building a Lean/continuous improvement experience program with deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability in solving complex problems and transforming results and process through the application of Lean techniques.
- Proven to be effective driving outcomes in large, matrixed organizations – understands how to navigate geographies, cultures, relationships, etc. Can drive work around the world because they are accountable, trustworthy, credible, committed, and intellectually agile.
- Ability to work both effectively and proactively with multiple remote teams, and delivering results in a matrixed organization
- Experience in developing and executing strategy across an organization; good business acumen; experience recognizing & addressing systemic issues
- Excellent time management & organizational skills; perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly
- Credible change agent with strong influencing, coaching and communication skills across all levels of an organization, plus a passion for seeing others succeed
- Excellent leadership skills & decision-making abilities with the ability to work & lead effectively in a matrixed & diverse organization. Demonstrated experience in driving collaboration decision-making between teams with different objectives
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity of processes, structures and concepts, looking at things from a wing-to-wing perspective and connecting the dots to drive impactful process improvements
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Address Glen Allen, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors