About the job
The Office of the CIO is responsible for the development, execution, and management of the BCS investment program including the development of portfolio and investment allocation strategies, along with the corresponding guidelines and policies that drive targeted returns and meet business objectives within established risk profiles and guidelines. Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Credit Research Analyst is a highly visible position within Banking and Cash Solutions that will interact with members of senior management and several internal constituencies across the organization. This position will be responsible for performing security-level fundamental analysis, portfolio surveillance, and researching and evaluating current and prospective investment opportunities.
- Conduct security-specific analyses on the bank’s $10B+ domestic fixed income investment portfolio
- Work collaboratively with the OCIO throughout the lifecycle of each investment and provide perspectives, credit opinions, and recommendations on portfolio holdings and prospective investments.
- Monitor trends in the bank’s investment portfolio and identify needs/opportunities for restructuring and rebalancing, as needed.
- Engage with investment colleagues to evaluate security-specific considerations including fundamentals, collateral pool composition, capital structure, projected cash flows, and liquidity.
- Monitor bond market activity across all fixed income markets and provide management with updated market news, industry trends, trading activity, and regulatory developments along with the potential impact on market pricing/valuations.
- Analyze security level returns and explain the drivers of actual performance.
- Gather and disseminate market and sector information (spreads, issuance, etc.) to investment team.
- Collaborate with quantitative research to lead all aspects of the development of tools and applications to enhance the investment process including asset class specific surveillance reporting.
- Serve as an independent, objective, and analytical voice on the investment team.
- Assess the merits and risks associated with prospective investment opportunities and recommend appropriate sizing and risk limits based on the bank’s risk management framework.
- Collaborate with OCIO to ensure that all credit files are complete, thorough, and appropriate for the investment portfolio and consistent with regulatory expectations.
- Under the direction of the CIO, assist in the development of macroeconomic research and assist in presentation development.
- Understand and adhere to the Bank’s risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls.
- Consistently model and reinforce the Ameriprise Values and 10 Behaviors & Commitments in how we work together.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5-7 years of meaningful experience with a focus on fixed income investments
- Depository institution experience in either investment portfolio management, asset-liability management, interest rate risk management, credit risk management, liquidity management, and/or capital planning
- Understanding of bank specific risk and regulatory constraints
- Candidates will have experience with investments in a broad set of asset classes including agency and non-agency residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities (RMBS/CMBS), asset-backed securities (ABS), collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), municipal, and corporate debt.
- Experience conducting credit analysis, with an emphasis on structured products, and allocating capital across a broad range of investment asset classes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a concise and understandable manner
- Self-starter with proven analytical and problem-solving skills along with an attention to detail and process
- Ability to collaborate with multiple partners across Treasury, Compliance, Finance, Operations, Legal, Audit and Risk to foster a culture of risk awareness and partnership
- Advanced quantitative and technical skills including the use of spreadsheet, database, graphing, and presentation software with programming skills including Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), R, Python, SQL, or similar programming languages
- Previous experience with Bloomberg, INTEX, Empyrean, or other financial modeling or ALM software
- Master’s or other Advance Degree.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting.
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. The Banking and Cash Solutions team mission is to make life more rewarding by helping others achieve their goals and dreams by providing compelling product solutions and a seamless client experience. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Banking and Cash Solutions.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Full-Time / Part-Time
Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations
Line of Business
- Salary Offer $79,000/yr - $120,000/yr
- Address Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10