This Corporate Counsel position will work within the global operations/commercial services group in the Legal Department and involves interaction at all levels of the company, both within the corporate offices and hotels in the field. This position’s day to day responsibilities include providing legal support and advice (including contract negotiation) in areas such as information technology, privacy, and consumer issues. The position may also provide general support to other operational areas such as sales, marketing and other hospitality related legal matters.
- Providing legal guidance and support to the business on information technology, privacy, consumer issues and other hospitality related matters.
- Providing day-to-day guidance to the IT, Cyber-Security and Operations teams.
- Drafting and negotiating information technology agreements.
- Provide advice and guidance as part of the legal team that supports Hyatt’s Data Privacy and Information Governance Program.
- Collaborating with IT, Cyber-Security, Operations, and corporate functional groups to plan and develop support for information management strategies as well as providing advice related to data breaches.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 2 – 5+ years of legal experience with a broad cross-section of technology agreements including the structuring, negotiation, and drafting of software, telecommunication, outsourcing, hosting, and consulting agreements.
- A working knowledge of data privacy and data security issues including state personal information breach notification laws and Payment Card Industry Security Standard.
- Proven ability to lead teams, articulate program goals, and provide leadership to all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with organization, research, interpersonal, analytic and computer (including Word, Excel, Internet research) skills are a must.
- An ability to engage individuals and teams to ensure timely project completion.
- The ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance a heavy workload.
- An ability to analyze, interpret, and present complex legal ideas and concepts in a clear and concise fashion.
- Prior experience working in a service industry or providing legal services in the hospitality industry not required, but a plus.
Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Currently a member of good standing of a state bar and qualified to become a member of the Illinois bar
Strong communication (oral and written), organization, research, interpersonal, analytic and computer (Word, Excel, Internet research) skills are a must.
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5