Job ID: CON00545
Posted: October 27, 2021
Location: Houston, TX, US
Center Point Energy is looking for a Control Systems Security Analyst to join our Team, located in Houston, TX.
You will have the ability to be responsible for reviewing and enhancing business processes used for security operations. Analyst’s security operations duties will include internal audits, training, access reviews, and event log reviews. Analyst will further gain expertise using and administering tools used to perform or support compliance with regulatory cyber security and physical security requirements. These may include but are not limited to vulnerability scanners, discover scanners, a configuration management database, and SIEM with automated alerting, reporting, and dashboard. Analyst will also support audit engagements by preparing evidence of regulatory compliance, writing descriptions of business processes, and helping to prepare technical subject matter experts for questions from audit teams.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
- Subsides metro and parking discounts
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
- Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Plan and track completion of periodic security control activities e.g. log reviews, risk assessments, patch evaluations, vulnerability scans
- Maintain documented baselines and change control documentation in accordance with cyber security policy.
- Develop automation of repetitive security control activities
- Evaluate access requests prior to approval and ensure timely access revocation
- Document Incident Response investigations in the event of a physical or cyber security event.
- Perform or oversee security awareness and security training for department employees.
- Draft and prepare documents (processes, procedures, policies, etc.) supporting CIP compliance. Ensures that the Cyber Security Policy and all compliance related documents follow the standards.
- Education: college degree or significant coursework in information technology, computer science, mathematics, or engineering coursework in jurisprudence, accounting, business, law enforcement, or philosophy.
- Experience: work in security operations, system administration, software development, data analysis, business analysis, investigative work, legal or paralegal, or audit.
- Certifications: technical or professional certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, (ISC)2, SANS, GIAC or other recognized cyber security training organizations can also count as up to one year of applicable education or experience
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors