The WRIGHT career!
EMD, a business unit of Curtiss-Wright in Cheswick, PA designs, manufactures, tests and provides after-market support for the most advanced, proven and reliable critical function pumps, motors, generators, seals, control rod drive mechanisms and power conditioning electronics available anywhere in the world today. Curtiss-Wright EMD has a long-standing and distinguished reputation for the design, development, manufacture and qualification of critical-function machining solutions for the United States Navy and the commercial nuclear utility industry. http://www.emd.cwfc.com/
Curtiss-Wright invests in the development, recruitment and retention of critical skills as part of its model for business success. We offer a competitive wage, a complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401k retirement, tuition reimbursement, and vacations/holidays.
At this facility we have a flexible work schedule — Work from home and the 9/80
Reports to: Contracts Manager
Department: Defense Contracts
Location: Cheswick, PA (greater Pittsburgh)
- Review of customer inquiries, contract documents, contract terms and conditions and correspondence as part of the bid evaluation and subsequent proposal process.
- Coordinate, prepare and write proposals for new contracts as well as changes to existing contracts. Develop pricing strategies in support of EMD’s financial objectives.
- Participate in negotiation of those proposals with existing and prospective clients. This includes negotiation of financial and administrative terms and conditions.
- Administer assigned contracts and changes thereto in order to best ensure that work is completed in compliance with division processes, procedures and contract requirements including corporate and Government requirements for ethical and legal conduct.
- Evaluate financial, compliance or performance issues associated with assigned contracts and recommend appropriate actions to resolve.
- Request contract modifications as required and/or appropriate.
- Maintain liaison with customers and internal personnel to expedite and coordinate contract This includes clear written and verbal communications.
- Employ problem solving skills to effectively resolve issues with the customer and internal/project personnel.
- Complete assigned tasks in a comprehensive fashion and in the time-frame specified.
- BS or BA in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to qualify for a U.S. Government security clearance
- 3 — 7 years’ experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to work within a team and be able to multi-task
- Above average writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presence with people
- Good understanding of financial metrics and calculations
Not required but would be preferred:
- Working knowledge of supply and services contract structure
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR terms and conditions
- Working knowledge of Truth-in-Negotiations-Act (TINA) principles
- Experience in customer negotiations and problem solving
- MBA, NCMA certification and prior U.S. Government security clearance are a plus
This position may require exposure to export-controlled information and subject to additional security screening. In the event information provided during the security screening reveals ineligibility to access export-controlled information, any offer of employment may be reconsidered or withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Job ID: 8422
- Address Cheswick, PA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10