About the job
Itron, a technology leader in the energy and smart grid sector, is seeking a Contract- Network Engineer to join our motivated and talented team. This engineer will become a key contributor in the definition, design and implementation of the next generation powered devices and will help Itron continue to deliver world class solutions.
We are looking for top talent! As a Contract – Network Engineer, you will be responsible for extending our testing capabilities in support of our Smart Utilities firmware, meter integration and scale network technologies. In this role, you will use your knowledge of Networking, firmware, RTOS, and development skills to manage test environments critical to delivery of our firmware products and help build/extend automation test frameworks used in our testing environment.
- Define, design and implement complex Network and Firmware qualifications
- Help manage complex Network Test environments in Cellular, RF, Wi-Fi and Ethernet Networks.
- Experience working in Mesh networks, includes configuration and testing
- Analyze/triage test results and in case, work closely with developers/customers to help resolve issues.
- Test activities includes testing of various real-time embedded software applications.
- Strong experience in testing Network Interface Cards, Switches, Routers and Routing Protocols
- Experience in Wireless technologies, RF fundamentals and Ethernet
- Strong knowledge of Network protocols; Layer1 – 4 Testing, Security and Penetration Testing
- Knowledge of electronic communications principles and principles of RTOS.
- Working experience with Linux-based systems.
- Self-starter who is willing and interested in learning in a fast-paced environment
- Team-player that can work & Collaborate with multiple teams across the globe, to analyze issues and help define solutions
- Working knowledge of Git, SVN for version control is a Plus
- CCNA Certification a Plus
- Programming skills, C, Bash, Python a plus
The job requires working with electrical, mechanical and test equipment in a test lab setting. In that physical moving and re-arranging lab equipment would be part and parcel of the daily routine.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
- Salary Offer $83K/yr - $145K/yr
- Address Liberty Lake, WA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5