When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
As a member of Verizon’s Platform Security organization you will support the team in its goals of embracing cloud/container security based technologies across multiple platforms (Kubernetes, EKS, OpenShift, etc.) and cloud providers (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, etc.). Platform Security Operations team requires container aware skilled staff to support the demands of the business and to care for our customer base.
As a Container Security Operations Engineer, you will be a key contributor in image & container security, administrating container security solutions, defining polices and rules, managing access and integrations (i.e. CI/CD pipeline), identifying and mitigating security risks in our container deployments; and balancing security requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. In this role you will gain valuable experience and insight in protecting Verizon’s container environments and will be at the heart of guarding our data and applications against advanced threat adversaries.
- Analyze & understand security risks across multi container platforms and services.
- Build and maintain various Kubernetes clusters for security analysis testing.
- Build and test Docker containers/registry for security analysis and testing.
- Develop and monitor security controls in container platform via automated scripts.
- Manage Kubernetes security policies (PSP) lifecycle.
- Partner with peers for developing security integrated controls within pipelines.
- Implement continuous monitoring solutions via different SaaS tools.
- Investigate security alerts and work with partner to drive remediation.
- Implement automation by leverage SaaS tools API to support security operations.
- Stay current on cloud security policies, standards, regulations making recommendations for the company.
- Manage SaaS monitoring solution for containers.
- Track and report on the status of container security risks to corporate/industry requirements.
- Partner with enterprise teams to establish preventative controls to support security needs via automation.
- Maintain awareness of host, image and container security incidents in the external community to identify threats and opportunities for enhancement. Apply those learnings to Container Security program and associated solutions.
What we’re looking for…
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in one of more of the following: Microservices, Development and Security.
- Familiarity with Microservice based architecture and deployments.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Git Lab, Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA, Confluence.
- Experience in agile development methodologies.
- Experience of container security solution (i.e. Twistlock, Aqua, Sysdig, StackRox, etc.)
- Signature Management: tuning of signatures, deployment of custom signatures.
- Knowledge of multi-cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI, etc.) to be able to identify and prioritize potential security challenges.
- Knowledge of cloud services such as containers (EKS, GKE, etc), IAM, compute (i.e. EC2, GCE), storage (volume/object), networking (VPC, VCN. Load Balancers, Security Groups/List), etc.
- Demonstrated experience in creating reporting & metrics using excel (i.e. pivot tables), Splunk and or Tableau.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Irving, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors