About the Role
We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients. More specifically, we are looking for technical cybersecurity experts with experience in all or some of the following: intelligence collection, incident response, insider threat analysis, network operations, emerging cyber policy, security operations (malware analysis, specialized cloud expertise, forensic experts, penetration testing, and application testing). With offices worldwide, we are able to uncover and analyze critical information wherever a need exists—no matter how intricate the investigation may be.
What You’ll Do
Perform a wide range of cybersecurity engagements in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment; summarizing the results accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations; managing consultants on engagements which involve teams of investigative researchers; and providing oral reports to clients, when appropriate.
- Assist leadership in developing strategies to expand the portfolio of services offered and improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate client needs and design appropriate technical solutions.
- Lead assessment of current threat identification techniques and development of new methodologies and frameworks.
- Supervise results of incident analysis, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of cybersecurity.
- Lead modification and enhancement of proposals.
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity for a person with proven, hands-on cybersecurity experience to join a dynamic and growing Cybersecurity team. You will have the opportunity to be involved with fascinating, high-paced and high-profile cybersecurity engagements requiring the best talent to provide value to our clients. Alongside this you will receive coaching and mentoring within the team in order to develop your experience and confidence. With the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape, the need for continuous professional development remains at the forefront of the quality of our team and is wholly supported.
We will work with you to develop a career path within the FTI Cybersecurity team so you there is a clear progression path, coupled with the right level of support and guidance in order to achieve the next step in your career at FTI Consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- One+ year(s) of experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organization.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- COVID Vaccine required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com.
- Specialized experience in cyber incident response and cyber incident management.
- Very good understanding of operating systems, file system fundamentals, and security controls, with an in-depth familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- Understanding of data loss / data theft prevention concepts and technologies – Understanding of eDiscovery and digital forensics concepts and technologies.
- Threat modeling fundamentals and penetration testing skills.
- Analytical ability – The applicant should have experience identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open-source information.
- Strategic planning and resourcefulness
- The applicant will be responsible for developing investigative plans and strategies for engagements and producing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
- Experience identifying and managing work performed by subcontractors, including negotiating budgets and deadlines.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Address Washington, DC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5