Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: San Jose
Zip Code: 95128
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Computer Specialist is an entry level position responsible for maintaining PC’s in our San Jose regional office and all our West Coast offices using modern computer management solutions. The individual will track software versions and maintain images of remote PC’s.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to IT team efforts to continuously improve service offerings that align with the company’s strategic goals and initiatives while providing excellent customer service and promoting AvalonBay’s core values.
- Leverage remote management tools to resolve issues.
- Provide desk side support; only after exhausting all other troubleshooting options. Occasional travel to remote locations may be required.
- Complete data entry as required.
- At least 1 – 2 year of PC maintenance experience, preferably in a technical support role.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- CompTIA certifications like A+ / Network+ or Security+ are a plus.
- Experience with Windows 10 is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide support to customers across all Windows based platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware plus ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic networking issues.
- Ability to setup equipment which may require crawling, kneeling or lifting up to 25lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced work environment as demonstrated by previous work experience.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values – A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
Job ID 27526
- Address San Jose, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5