About the job
Boecore LLC is seeking a Computer Network Defense Analyst (CNDA) to support the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) program. Position is located at Schriever SFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Position requires 24×7 rotating shift work. Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements. Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
Responsible for implementing and enforcing national, DOD (8500.2, 5200.2-R, etc.), and MDA security policies and directives. Oversees intrusion detection, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET) and C2BMC mission systems and services. Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk. The Network Defender will collect, store and present data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk Management (ORM) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system (IS) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities. The Network Defender will operate and administer the BMD provided IA/CND suite, to include firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Required Skills And Experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 years of professional experience.
- Candidate must meet minimum requirements of DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security + CE, SySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA Security).
- Secret Clearance required.
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience in the usage of an array of network and information security tools.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts.
- Ability to recognize known worms/viruses based on their signatures.
- Ability to recognize network intrusion events and to differentiate false positives.
- Ability to recognize successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event logs and other detailed information – Knowledge of hardware (Routers, CSU/DSU, bridges, multiplexers, servers and switches configuration).
- Previous experience in the monitoring/management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices, to include SideWinder, ArcSight, HBSS and/or Tripwire.
- Experience securing network gear against known vulnerabilities.
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
- Unix and/or Microsoft operation system training.
Salary Range: $58k – $79k
Boecore is an aerospace and defense engineering company that specializes in software solutions, systems engineering, cybersecurity, enterprise networks, and mission operations. Our work couldn’t be more exciting, more challenging, or more vital to our customers and our nation’s defense. Since the company’s inception in 2000, Boecore’s employee-centric approach, rich work culture, and drive to go above and beyond expectations have earned the company a reputation as a trusted partner for the various government customers we work alongside.
Boecore employees are self-motivated individuals who are recognized and rewarded for their efforts. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, savings plans, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), AFLAC, tuition, and training reimbursement, matching 401(k) program, discretionary incentive bonuses in addition to base pay and a rewarding work environment with a proven record of success for 20 years.
Boecore is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.protected class.
- Salary Offer $58,000/yr - $79,000/yr
- Address Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5