About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Complex Sales Leader must be able to manage large, complex opportunities as well as identify future ones to expand our Services business volumes within existing clients. To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate a thorough understanding of IT infrastructure technologies and solutions. You must also understand the competitive landscape and be able to develop appropriate sales strategies to win.
As a Complex Sales Leader with focus on Public Cloud and Cyber Security, you will be the Opportunity Owner and deal maker once an opportunity is identified. You will be expected to convey subject matter expertise and credibility in working with customers, internal IBM Opportunity Identifiers, and extended IBM team members. You will need to apply sales skills as an Opportunity Owner to engage and close opportunities with client key decision makers and ensure smooth transitions from the sales phase to the delivery phase (i.e. hand-off from sales team to implementation team). You will also maintain the client relationship during the sales cycle and ensure a smooth transition of this relationship back to the Services Client Reps. You will also be expected to maintain in-depth knowledge of competition’s offerings and strategies and to effectively differentiate our offerings from competitive alternatives and create customer preference for our services.
- Quota: Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding a discrete revenue, signings and profit sales target assigned by management.
- Customer Strategies: Responsible for understanding the client’s strategic business objectives and business processes/metrics, including their organization, financial decision-making process and business challenges.
- Opportunity Progression: Responsible for opportunity progression for a specific portfolio of offerings
- Client Relationship: Responsible for client relationships during the sales cycle of a deal
- Purchasing Process: Understanding of customer purchasing process early in the deal
- Account Planning and Coordination: Regularly attends and contributes during team meetings on topics such as planning, execution, etc
- Internal Coordination: Effectively navigate internal processes to secure appropriate approvals on customer engagements
- Opportunity Ownership: Responsible for progressing opportunities and/or discrete elements of a specific customer opportunity and recording relevant activity in the sales management systems.
- Technical Solutioning: Proactively engage technical solutioning team to develop commercially attractive and technically robust solutions for customer engagements
- Business Partners and OEM Manufacturers: Proactively engage business partners and OEM manufacturers to provide integrated, complete, and commercially competitive solutions to clients
This position can be anywhere in the United States.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years working experience in Professional IT services on a client management capacity with a track record of success
- Able to develop and maintain comprehensive technical sales knowledge in our Services offerings, along with financial and selling skills.
- Able to develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the sales processes, techniques, and tools.
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with multiple levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sale.
- Demonstrated achievement in selling Technology Services technical solutions
- Deep knowledge of Security Services, Cyber Security and cloud technologies
- Deep knowledge of competitive landscape in the public cloud and Security Services space
- Navigating business partner relationships
- Engaging OEM manufacturing vendors
- Working directly with Public Cloud and Security Services offerings
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Able to maintain in-depth knowledge of competition’s offerings and strategies. Can effectively differentiate our offerings from competitive alternatives and creates customer preference for our solutions.
- Design total integrated technology services solutions including terms and conditions to create a final customer proposal.
- Anticipate complex problems relating to technology services offerings and customer engagements and implements solutions.
Apply creativity and judgment to complex opportunities and defines required sales activities.
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors