About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud focus is on the regulated industries that required specialized focus on secure engineering, compliance automation and risk management. Join Virtual Private Cloud development organization to develop the next chapter in IBM Cloud as a Software Engineer (Security Risk Management and Compliance).
- Responsible for driving secure engineering practices, ensuring that VPC is engineered and deployed to de-risk our customers Cloud workloads.
- Working with other IBM security and compliance organization leaders to understand and develop common tools and strategies to consistently apply those to VPC scope
- Collect and produce evidence in response to audit requests for supported service(s).
- Collect and provide evidence for ISMAP and C5 audits
- Leverage learning from ISMAP and C5 to begin developing strategies to automate and anticipate evidence collection
- Streamline audit engagements by applying SRE principles to develop strategies and tooling that automate evidence collection and production and anticipate data production requests.
- Develop tools and strategies to assess the health of security controls and adherence to policy, process, and procedures requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation and rapid remediation of identified deviations and vulnerabilities.
- Develop test cases to ensure observed deviations do not reoccur.
- Serve as primary SME for service control implementation, design, and operating procedures in audit engagements.
- Drive risk culture transformation in service teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Software design and implementation in a secure environment
- Familiarity with Microservice Architecture, Containerized software, Networking Communication Protocols
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience in agile environment
- Practical fluent knowledge of one of the common programming languages (GoLang, Python, Java, C etc.), github, Jira, Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Release management and Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Access management, Authentication, Authorization Frameworks
- Working knowledge of common security frameworks, such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27K, FedRAMP/ FISMA, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2, PCI etc
- Cloud security and cybersecurity concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to self-prioritize tasks and gather/provide written information to others in a timely manner
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration skills
- Deep technical understanding of cloud concepts, able to learn and explain IBM cloud technical control implementation
- Proven leadership experience
- Process design and automation experience
- Practical knowledge of Monitoring technologies and tools
- Familiarity with Incident, Problem, Change management
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- SRE experience
- Security Operational Experience
- Vulnerabilities detection and management
- Compliance projects experience
- Technical and Security Audit Experience
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors