The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for designing and deploying cloud security solutions to support Bio-Rad’s initiatives in cloud computing in AWS and Azure. The Cloud Security Engineer reports into the Infrastructure Engineering and Architecture organization as a member of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team, responsible to manage and deploy cloud security best practices.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related subject; an advanced degree is preferred. The position requires strong leadership and team-building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals and the business organizations.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Develop, implement, and support cloud security solutions across multiple cloud environments.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to design, engineer, deploy, and deliver secure Cloud services including driving improvements in technical architecture, standards, and processes.
- Leverage cloud native and 3rd Party tools to provide insight into current cloud security posture.
- Detect, review, and make recommendations regarding cloud security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Develop playbooks and automation for the repeatable deployment of system components, and performing routine management/deployment tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Security or 10+ additional years of related equivalent work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Professional certifications in information technology and cloud security — CISSP preferred, CCSP (optional), CISA (optional), CEH (optional), OSCP (optional).
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Cloud Security Controls to meet the compliance or industry best practice needs of clients.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing cloud native Network Security Controls following industry, security and compliance best practices.
- Strong understanding of identity and access management, including AWS IAM, Windows 2003-2019 Server/AD Domain infrastructure and Azure AD.
- Experience with tools including CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Control Tower, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, Azure Security Center, AWS Security Hub.
- Knowledge of modern enterprise and security architectures, their challenges, common approaches to overcome their challenges, and their inherent security strengths and weaknesses.
- Azure, AWS and other cloud related security certifications.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, TLS, routing protocols).
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID : 2022-27709
- Address Hercules, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20