About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud security architects are experts at taking challenging security and compliance demands and translating them into systems, processes, requirements, or enhancements to IBM platforms that allow security engineers and developers to implement risk-aware, compliant solutions.
The IBM Cloud is built upon agile development methodologies and DevOps practices. Our security architects must lead the way in SecDevOps best practices, developing security mechanisms and automation that provides developers with systems to quickly identify and report on potential security issues throughout the software development lifecycle. Familiarity with on-premise, classic and next-generation cloud architectures will differentiate candidates in this role.
What you will do
Security architects understand strategic priorities, business requirements, technical requirements, issues identification, issue remediation and are called on to develop and articulate robust and innovative security solutions to address these all. Our Security Architects provide subject matter expertise in creating, implementing, and maintaining appropriate enterprise security programs, policies, and procedures to be compliant with all applicable regulations, including SOC2, EBA regulations, NIST controls, and others. They present, review and modify the solution with key stakeholders to validate alignment with compliance/business need and technical feasibility. In the end, the solutions they build align with internal security, regulatory, and governmental entity requirements and successfully deliver on all commitments.
A Security Architect is a subject matter expert for security and regulatory compliance. They fill a critical role in the overall success of a project and are the primary source of IBM Cloud security solution design and development. They work in conjunction with the larger pursuit team (Sales, TSM, HR, C&N, Delivery, Pricing, and Risk) to deliver a winning solution that prioritizes the remediation of security gaps and follows secure engineering principles within the infrastructure, and which are informed by external regulatory guidance and objectives.
How we will help you grow
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven experience for a minimum of 7 years of deep technical expertise in software security and architecture.
- 5 years’ experience working across teams to identify security requirements and translate requirements into technical architecture designs.
- Proficiency with compliance frameworks: SOC2, GDPR, EBA, NIST controls, etc.
- Experience with:
- SIEM (QRadar, Splunk, Nitro, etc.)
- SOAR (Resilient, Demisto, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Ticketing (JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- EDR (VMWare React, FireEye, CrowdStrike, etc.)
- DAST/SAST (IBM AppScan, SonarQube, etc.)
- Vulnerability & Baseline (Qualys, Tenable Security Center, etc)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Soft skills – excellent written and verbal communication, explaining vulnerabilities, writing internal guidance documents, coordinating with other teams
- FIPS 140-2 validated module knowledge and implementation experience
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors